Basic Mission 8

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 8

Post by Solis Knight on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:30 pm
([msg=18302]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Jesus! If you guys feel silly, i must feel like a complete IDIOT!

I read the first 10 pages, then the last 3, and i've got nothing. You guys KEEP ON SAYING OVER AND OVER THAT THOSE SITES WILL HELP, AND THEY DON'T DO CRAP FOR ME!

All i have learned from you guys telling me to use those sites, is that the ***** who made the ls command blocked is just trying to make my day.

So far, i'm using the S** command. I've got it syntaxed CORRECTLY, because it keeps bringing me back to the freakin "CHANGE UR CODE" page a million times in a row. (i've actually COPIED the base code, so i don't have to keep typing it in EVERY SINGLE TIME it brings me to that page.) LS WONT WORK. It blocks it EVERY TIME.

I SWEAR, half of you people say that LS works, and the other half like me are sitting there tearing our hair out because ITS NOT WORKING FOR US, and yet YOU INSIST THAT YOU USED IT.

I'm going to read THE ENTIRETY of your websites one more time, to see if i missed anything important (highly unlikely), and then i'm just going to start begging for answers. Because honestly, i'm going to lose my mind with you people saying over and over that LS works.

UPDATE: Nope. Thought i'd say i finished it, did ya? Well no way, jose. I just read over both of your sites. AGAIN.
WHat i have learned: the ../ extension IS NOT HELPING. It is blocked as well.
My command code is working fine. Checked multiple sites, ALL of them use the code format i'm using right now, save for what the code is running.
So i'd like a favor from someone who KNOWS how to get to the files. Don't tell me yet. TRY IT YOURSELF. I want to know if someone changed the rules of the game on me. Then, if you have done it successfully, give me something more than "you're looking for the parent directory" or "think about this or think about that". I've been THINKING for a while now. I can't figure it out.

For the admins looking at that message: No. I'm NOT asking someone to give me the answer. I'm ASKING for someone to explain to me why: (A: LS is not working), (B: why the heck it was blocked in the first place) (C: what information on those two sites am I NOT GETTING)
Solis Knight
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by NurAdila on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:40 pm
([msg=18317]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

LOL chill Solis Knight XD
i got the answer when i read at the very first page.
supermartini wrote:How can you go back 2 directories if you can not use the cd command??

If you are window user, have you try cmd? how to go back dir? thats it. and need SSI thats all i can help you.

*sorry, my english so so so so so bad :(
NurAdila
New User
New User

Post by grlira on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:45 pm
([msg=18362]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

I'm agreeing with solis knight on this one. Someone blocked ls. It's the only explanation. I know I'm doing things right because I get the "If you're using blablabla you're on the right track...". I understand you'd get that message if you were trying to run rm or anything nasty, but since you're actually supposed to use ls on this mission, something's wrong. Could it be a bug?
grlira
New User
New User

Post by STUDIOny on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:21 am
([msg=18395]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Mission is fine for me.
STUDIOny
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Defience on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:44 am
([msg=18452]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

There is no bug in the mission and it's working the way it's supposed to. If you believe your syntax is correct, you might just have to play around with it a little because it has to be exact....quotes, spacing...etc.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by shandz on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:38 am
([msg=18527]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

god, i feel like a douche, done after an hour of reading posts, the hints helped out alot, especially the sites that they linked
shandz
New User
New User

Post by DeadHack on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:23 pm
([msg=18595]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

So I've sat here and gone through that apache site. It's useful it is but it doesn't explain atleast as far as I can tell how to RUN the commands and WHERE to run them. Kinda agitating but that's all. Just wanted to know if anyone knew a site that WOULD tell me how to run and where to run them. Nothing more. I wanna figure it out by myself I just need to read up on more material.

**Edit** Made it to "On right track but limit commands" So never mind I know where to run them now
DeadHack
New User
New User

Post by TheMindRapist on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:13 pm
([msg=18606]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

I'm not sure why you were confused, there is only one input box.
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mbaron1216 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:17 am
([msg=18707]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

"If you are trying to use server side includes to solve the challenge,"..." I have limited the commands allowed to ones relevant towards finding the password file for security reasons(because there will always be that one person who decides to execute some rather nasty commands). So please manipulate your code so that it is a little more pertaining to the level." Aren't we supposeeee to use SSI???????? :? <----confused... i didn't think i could be more direct with my code... help! lol please?
mbaron1216
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:23 am
([msg=18715]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

mbaron1216 wrote:"If you are trying to use server side includes to solve the challenge,"..." I have limited the commands allowed to ones relevant towards finding the password file for security reasons(because there will always be that one person who decides to execute some rather nasty commands). So please manipulate your code so that it is a little more pertaining to the level." Aren't we supposeeee to use SSI???????? :? <----confused... i didn't think i could be more direct with my code... help! lol please?

It means you are on the right track but need to change your code a little. It requires a specific answer because like it says, if just any commands were allowed, someone would probably enter something they shouldn't and cause havoc. Keep trying.
Defience
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard