Cell phone age

EDGE or EVDO? GSM or CDMA? Discuss phone networks and standards here.

Cell phone age

Post by Shino336 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:35 pm
([msg=18412]see Cell phone age[/msg])

How old do you think someone should be before they get a cell phone?

And yes, I'm aware that I did an article on cellphone "hacks"... I'm not a phone nerd! :lol: (acually, I don't even have one. :P )
Shino336
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Cell phone age

Post by godofcereal on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:50 pm
([msg=18413]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

14-15.
13 year olds do nothing but shit
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by STUDIOny on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:21 pm
([msg=18414]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

If they take care of it, and are responsible, any age. They are good in case of emergencies etc...
STUDIOny
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Shino336 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:38 pm
([msg=18418]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:14-15.
13 year olds do nothing but ****

...then why do most 12 year olds have cell phones? Also, how is that going to change in 1 year, and I do hope you didn't mean that literally.
Shino336
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by godofcereal on Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:44 pm
([msg=18432]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

Secondary school is a nice little kick up the ass kids need to grow up alot and learn the meaning of the word responsibility.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

godofcereal

godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Karec on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:05 pm
([msg=18676]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

I would say first it depends upon the necessity of the situation.

Parents who are not with their kids often?
Good idea.

Parents who are around their kid constantly?
Bad idea.

But personally I think 14-16 when people start going places and doing things without adult supervision is the time the kid should have one.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled
Karec
Poster
Poster

Post by topdawgie on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:27 pm
([msg=18678]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

Man,when I was in high school I had a pager! Some people had a cell phones,but mostly pagers. I also agree with the "responsibility" argument. Some kids are more responsible than others regardless of age. Age is a number,not a level of maturity.
When I owned a pager, I payed the bill. Not my parents. So in my opinion,If you can front the bill,you're mature enough to have a phone! 8-)
topdawgie
New User
New User

Post by Monica on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:37 pm
([msg=18691]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

Sigh. There is no right or wrong answer for this one. Let me tell you - kids these days try to grow up so fast and just want to be independent. Honestly, I know a couple of 7-year-olds who want cell phones! I even know of a 10 year old who HAS a cell phone. I thought, "Who are they going to call, besides their parents?" LOL.

Anyway, having a cell phone does take some responsibility, which any age, can be learned. A cell phone should be used in case of an emergency, so it's convenient to have one. In my opinion, I think it's a pointless for anyone under 16, especially those without a job, to have a cell phone JUST to talk to friends, to text, etc. Most kids are like that, sadly. Haha.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by godofcereal on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:23 am
([msg=18702]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

Monica wrote:
Anyway, having a cell phone does take some responsibility, which any age, can be learned. A cell phone should be used in case of an emergency, so it's convenient to have one. In my opinion, I think it's a pointless for anyone under 16, especially those without a job, to have a cell phone JUST to talk to friends, to text, etc. Most kids are like that, sadly. Haha.

I have to agree 100% with Monica.

godofcereal

godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Shino336 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:03 pm
([msg=18760]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:
Monica wrote:

I have to agree 100% with Monica.

... Well that is a completely different attitude than earlier...

I'd also have to say that it varies by region. I can honestly imagine 6 and seven year olds having cell phones in NYC, but not 15 year olds having one in rural Kansas. One more thing. The people reading this... well, a majority are from the US, or know where these places are, right?
Shino336
Experienced User
Experienced User

Next

Return to Telecommunications