Basic Mission 7

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 7

Post by JrJarhead on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:19 am
([msg=18288]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Defience wrote:
JrJarhead wrote:ok i no how to get the directory and all the files i just cannot exe them

If you have the files take a good look at them, they should have something in common and it should look a bit familiar.

well i have tried typing it in to the url i've tried every combination possible and i have tried typing it into the unix command but it will not work
To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.

Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice.
JrJarhead
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Defience on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:45 pm
([msg=18295]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

JrJarhead wrote:
Defience wrote:
JrJarhead wrote:ok i no how to get the directory and all the files i just cannot exe them

If you have the files take a good look at them, they should have something in common and it should look a bit familiar.

well i have tried typing it in to the url i've tried every combination possible and i have tried typing it into the unix command but it will not work

If you've used the right unix command you will get a list of directories. Try opening them until you find something of interest. You should be able to figure out what to do with that. If you're having trouble opening them then you need to rethink how to do this. Maybe a basic 3 refresher?
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by JrJarhead on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:08 pm
([msg=18300]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

good lord i was over thinking that thanks for all the help
To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.

Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice.
JrJarhead
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by shandz on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:38 pm
([msg=18515]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

tnx for the hints, i got it :D
shandz
New User
New User

Post by cwtsui on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:37 am
([msg=18547]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

I have got a problem
I can print out the content of cal.pl
But I cannot print out other file
cwtsui
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:05 pm
([msg=18556]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

cwtsui wrote:I have got a problem
I can print out the content of cal.pl
But I cannot print out other file

Print out? Find a way to open them.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by mbaron1216 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:19 pm
([msg=18564]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

HI! im very new but i THOUGHTT I was a quick learner until this. the*nix command i've been using to list all the file in the directory has been the ls, but i dont think think is right because when i type it in alone, i see NO directories, just a blank page. I looked up way to exe two commands at once and all i came up with was something called "shelling" but when i tried it, NADA. I've tried all the commands i can even in combination but I can't seem to get it to work. I think it might be the way I'm writing the commands. Can someone pleasse give me a small hint or maybe a link that will give me a better idea as to how to write the commands? any and all help is MUCH appreciated!
Marc
mbaron1216
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:14 am
([msg=18643]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

mbaron1216 wrote:HI! im very new but i THOUGHTT I was a quick learner until this. the*nix command i've been using to list all the file in the directory has been the ls, but i dont think think is right because when i type it in alone, i see NO directories, just a blank page. I looked up way to exe two commands at once and all i came up with was something called "shelling" but when i tried it, NADA. I've tried all the commands i can even in combination but I can't seem to get it to work. I think it might be the way I'm writing the commands. Can someone pleasse give me a small hint or maybe a link that will give me a better idea as to how to write the commands? any and all help is MUCH appreciated!
Marc

Hmm.....the only thing I can suggest at this point is to read through all of the posts in this forum and pay attention to what they say, then use google. The solution to this one is not difficult so don't over think it. Good luck!
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by mbaron1216 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:53 am
([msg=18705]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

haha then i must be really thick headed.. oh well i'll come back to this one. thanks though
mbaron1216
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:26 am
([msg=18718]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

mbaron1216 wrote:haha then i must be really thick headed.. oh well i'll come back to this one. thanks though

It doesn't make you thick headed, we all have to start somewhere but reading through the posts should give you some good ideas as to what direction to head or what to research.
Defience
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard