ExtBasic 9

Learn how to do code review

ExtBasic 9

Post by 01leo on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:50 am
([msg=14750]see ExtBasic 9[/msg])

I'm probably the only one who got stuck on this mission, but could I get some hints please?
I really have no idea about this mission...
Please help me guys!
User avatar
01leo
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: ExtBasic 9

Post by _-Enigma-_ on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:46 pm
([msg=18115]see Re: ExtBasic 9[/msg])

You're not the only one 01leo,

Due to me being (for some reason!?) unable to send pm's i have had to resort to posting here, im not 'stuck' as such on this level, its more of, the answer i have works, but HTS will not accept it, and as far as i can see there is no other answer.

I have tried lots of different variations of this and so far no luck, now i may even have the wrong part of the code, but as far as i can see there is absolutely nothing else wrong with it. I even tested it out on my own computer, and it works fine with 1 line corrected.

Could i please possibly pm someone who has completed it, using the HTS messaging system (due to the fact mentioned above) to see if i am anywhere near correct?
Shakespeare asked: to be? or not to be? ... that is the question.
Fortunately, computers have given us the answer:
0x2b | ~0x2b = 0xFF
User avatar
_-Enigma-_
New User
New User
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:36 am
Location: /root
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: ExtBasic 9

Post by Defience on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:19 am
([msg=18162]see Re: ExtBasic 9[/msg])

_-Enigma-_ wrote:You're not the only one 01leo,

Due to me being (for some reason!?) unable to send pm's i have had to resort to posting here, im not 'stuck' as such on this level, its more of, the answer i have works, but HTS will not accept it, and as far as i can see there is no other answer.

I have tried lots of different variations of this and so far no luck, now i may even have the wrong part of the code, but as far as i can see there is absolutely nothing else wrong with it. I even tested it out on my own computer, and it works fine with 1 line corrected.

Could i please possibly pm someone who has completed it, using the HTS messaging system (due to the fact mentioned above) to see if i am anywhere near correct?


It looks like you figured it out.....
User avatar
Defience
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: ExtBasic 9

Post by goluhaque on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:19 am
([msg=33972]see Re: ExtBasic 9[/msg])

well my guess is that Capn Kirk here can hv dis problem only due to 3 reasons-either because the variable LogText is being initialised everytime one enters a new log, or because that variable is not an array(thus leading to overwriting of earlier values) or there is a problem in the "unless" part.
in the 1st 2 reasons, v cannot correct the problem by rewriting a single line of code, so i think that the problem really lies in the unless part.please point me in d right direction.
P.S.if it's a spoiler sorry
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
User avatar
goluhaque
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: India
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: ExtBasic 9

Post by faazshift on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:03 am
([msg=33976]see Re: ExtBasic 9[/msg])

Maybe if you look into how opening and writing to files works with pearl. The code already comes with links to description pages for functions. Read up!
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:55 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: ExtBasic 9

Post by donod on Fri May 21, 2010 6:10 pm
([msg=38890]see Re: ExtBasic 9[/msg])

faazshift wrote:Maybe if you look into how opening and writing to files works with pearl. The code already comes with links to description pages for functions. Read up!

i readed it but it doesn't work can some one pm me ?
because i think it is good but i can't validate it :(
donod
New User
New User
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: ExtBasic 9

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri May 21, 2010 8:40 pm
([msg=38893]see Re: ExtBasic 9[/msg])

Pm me on th main site. I can help you out. You shouldn't need any help after the clues you've been given.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
User avatar
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: ExtBasic 9

Post by donod on Sat May 22, 2010 7:55 am
([msg=38905]see Re: ExtBasic 9[/msg])

donod wrote:
faazshift wrote:Maybe if you look into how opening and writing to files works with pearl. The code already comes with links to description pages for functions. Read up!

i readed it but it doesn't work can some one pm me ?
because i think it is good but i can't validate it :(

i looked at the irc help and found a hint about 2 spaces , is it a joke or is it serious ?
do i have to remove spaces or to add them ?

-- Mon May 24, 2010 1:50 pm --

donod wrote:do i have to remove spaces or to add them ?

my i have an answer about this ?
do i need to ave the exact same number of characters as i the original line ?
donod
New User
New User
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: ExtBasic 9

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue May 25, 2010 12:39 am
([msg=39030]see Re: ExtBasic 9[/msg])

Well, with the kind of spelling you exhibited in that last post, you may want to quadruple check what you submit as an answer.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
User avatar
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: ExtBasic 9

Post by donod on Tue May 25, 2010 6:26 am
([msg=39038]see Re: ExtBasic 9[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Well, with the kind of spelling you exhibited in that last post, you may want to quadruple check what you submit as an answer.

sorry :D
donod
New User
New User
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Next

Return to Extended Basics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron