Welcome noobs

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Welcome noobs

Post by Laika on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:52 am
([msg=16654]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

<Cautious question>

I'm new here, but I wanted to know what the policy on thread bumping is here. (Oops...bumping one now...) Is it frowned upon to post to a thread unless it is very new (assuming of course you have something of value to add) ? For example, if I see a thread from say, a month ago, that has been buried is it really really bad to dig it up?

</Cautious question>
Laika
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by godofcereal on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:51 am
([msg=16656]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

Very good question.
Bumping is a no go here I'm afraid. If you do it you will be told not to and someone will remove them.
However I do believe that there is a bumping button that allows you to send your thread to the top of the page. Not sure if this implimented though.
If your post gets buried then just re-post it. We try to answer all threads as soon as we can but dont always get round to everyone.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Laika on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:12 pm
([msg=16664]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

Okay, thank you very much. :)
Laika
New User
New User

Post by DenyTheTruth on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 pm
([msg=16676]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:Very good question.
Bumping is a no go here I'm afraid. If you do it you will be told not to and someone will remove them.
However I do believe that there is a bumping button that allows you to send your thread to the top of the page. Not sure if this implimented though.
If your post gets buried then just re-post it. We try to answer all threads as soon as we can but dont always get round to everyone.

Re-posting is worse than bumping. I would say if no one answers you you should rephrase the question in the same thread and hope that someone new notices it.
~ Parruption in Coradise ~
DenyTheTruth
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:06 pm
([msg=16679]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

I would rather have a re-post than someone bumping their own thread. You can rephrase it and post it again after a suitable amount of time has gone past.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

godofcereal

godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by DenyTheTruth on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:16 pm
([msg=16682]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:I would rather have a re-post than someone bumping their own thread. You can rephrase it and post it again after a suitable amount of time has gone past.

I don't understand why you would want that. What good is two threads of the same question over one with additional information? Two threads incites more and more junk thread creation.
~ Parruption in Coradise ~
DenyTheTruth
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:29 pm
([msg=16685]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

The first time they didnt get an answer so let them ask again in a different way. As long as its not a stupid thread like how to hack facespace or whatever its ok when its for learning purposes. If you asked for help with some school work and the teacher didnt help wouldnt you ask again?

godofcereal

godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Monica on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:01 pm
([msg=16699]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

Bumping your own posts is a no-no.

Thanks for pointing "newbies" in the right direction, guys!
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by comperr on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:28 am
([msg=16716]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

Laika wrote:<Cautious question>

I'm new here, but I wanted to know what the policy on thread bumping is here. (Oops...bumping one now...) Is it frowned upon to post to a thread unless it is very new (assuming of course you have something of value to add) ? For example, if I see a thread from say, a month ago, that has been buried is it really really bad to dig it up?

</Cautious question>

Bumping is actually impossible now (except in specific forums). Try posting twice in a row.
In those forums where it /is/ possible it most likely is allowed. However it is unlikely that you will want to double post in those forums.
comperr
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:41 am
([msg=16717]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

Thanks for clearing that up. Wasnt too sure on what the policy is on it.

godofcereal

godofcereal
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to NZone