So you want to learn Social Enginering??

Social engineering is the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery for information gathering or computer system access and in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.

So you want to learn Social Enginering??

Post by habari on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:37 pm
([msg=15312]see So you want to learn Social Enginering??[/msg])

Hi guys , im a bit new in hacking , and i must admit i am one of the worst programmers in the world , but i can asurre you I have a lot of experience in Social Engineering (from now on: SE). SE is not a toy , you can do really harmfull things , one thing you must understand is that people who give out passwords under SE pressure are NOT stupid nor weak ; lots of talented programmers have fallen into it , and I myself could say things i shouldn't if i was caught in a bad day , even if I know my enemy.We are humans and we have feelings , and people tend to believe , because we need to believe.
If you are on your office and a guy in his 50's with tie comes into you and asks you kindly and politely to show him some reports because he is the new marketing director , you WILL give him the f***** reports.
Thats the base of SE.
you can use it for solving your personal problems , not only for hacking i don't recommended it.
If you need info:
www.hackpalace.com click hacking on the menu ; click on social engineering on the screen (right side)
this guy has really nice articles which helped me to start in this world.
but remember to use info with caution.
A free Internet , For a Free World
habari
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: So you want to learn Social Enginering??

Post by Karec on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:24 pm
([msg=15515]see Re: So you want to learn Social Enginering??[/msg])

I took a brief look at the articles about social engineering. They give some ideas, very basic non detailed examples, and some background information to social engineering. However I wouldn't say these articles while having slightly useful information are anything special.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled
Karec
Poster
Poster

Post by Arhk on Sat May 23, 2009 7:23 pm
([msg=24258]see Re: So you want to learn Social Enginering??[/msg])

I think I know why I've never considered any of these SE techniques that are on this site....

1. It relies on some principal of trusting appearances ~ & after all of the kids getting molested by their priests & uncles we've lost that good ol' common trust factor, pffft people don't even let their little kids play outside anymore when they aren't out there with 'em....
2. People are more aware ~ The schizophrenia of today's society makes people question the appearance of authority just because they can really & anyone able to get a job in a firm even as a secretary these days is over qualified compared to the old standards used in the SE tuts over there, and will probably be knowledgeable about some advanced computing techniques herself, computers have become a less abstract thing people no longer look at it as magic box that makes a BSOD appear when you get it irritated.

~ probably more but didn't feel like reading...
~ Binary is my acid for the next 5 or so years....
Arhk
New User
New User

Post by Sl0thGoodi3s on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:17 am
([msg=28154]see Re: So you want to learn Social Enginering??[/msg])

SE is generally easy, Mainly if you disguise as someone your not and ask for something they probably will give it to you, In my opinion
Sl0thGoodi3s
New User
New User

Return to Social Engineering