School Systems

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

School Systems

Post by grenmajulord on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:39 pm
([msg=15158]see School Systems[/msg])

What are your views on the faulty school system and whether or not it is right for one to prove him/herself by hacking the system and giving what they believe is what they deserve, same for the SAT's
grenmajulord
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: School Systems

Post by godofcereal on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:31 am
([msg=15161]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

Most people think that the schools system is easy to get into. In reality they are quite hard to get into. You have to remember that they are there for you to learn, not to hack
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by grenmajulord on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:51 pm
([msg=15265]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

lol
yeah I understand and quite frankly they are easy
this is a quick simple thought I just had

1. picklock the door and go to the main computer and install a physical keylogger (yes I can pick locks very well)
2. later retrieve it and find admin pass
3. repeat process one but log in and change
4. I know I work in the office, their security is beyond pathetic, and for one sometimes teachers are really fucking assholes who just don't like you. I'm not trying to sound bad because I say that as a straight A student, but still I know for a fact some teachers...
grenmajulord
New User
New User

Post by sidebottom on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:39 am
([msg=15267]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

Hacking an other's computer without explicit consent is a violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and is illegal as well as immoral. This site does not support nor condone such activities.
Last edited by sidebottom on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sidebottom
Poster
Poster

Post by grenmajulord on Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:56 pm
([msg=15295]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

okay I was just curious as to what your opinions are and I already knew that
1 It is against the law and
2 in violation of that act

this is just a discussion
grenmajulord
New User
New User

Post by the bee on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:10 pm
([msg=15296]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

I was at my school and it just so happens they didnt blok batch files so i made cmd in a batch and gaind access to all the users connected to the comp i was useing! :!:
the bee
New User
New User

Post by sidebottom on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:29 pm
([msg=15298]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

the bee wrote:I was at my school and it just so happens they didnt blok batch files so i made cmd in a batch and gaind access to all the users connected to the comp i was useing! :!:

Jeez, owned with a batch file? What OS are they using? Windows 98?
sidebottom
Poster
Poster

Post by Tek-E on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:37 am
([msg=17673]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

Oh come on you guys!!
Yes every system has its flaws and holes that a select few know how to exploit and use to their advantage, but really its not worth it. Its a rush at first but honestly not worth it. Most people who think it is extremely easy have to realize, your sys admin is not an idiot!!!! ( he isnt like sam ) Even if you do manage to break in he or she still has ways of finding you and 99% of the time they will! Take it from somebody who knows. My sophmore year in high school I was arrested for Computer Trespassing in the 2nd Degree with Intent to Damage. No matter how good you think you are you must always remember there is someone out there who is better than you are. Im not saying that there isnt a single person who wont get caught, Im sure many wont and dont get caught. But to assume just because you didnt get busted means that they were completley unaware of your activity is absurred. Me being a minor I almost did six months in Juvie. Its a LIGHT!!! scentence but for what I did I deserved it! Of course now I work with the sys admin this being my senior year. Just becaue a school system has holes in its security and is highly vulnerable does not give you the right to exploit those holes. Instead I recommend you pay your sys admin a visit and notify him of the holes you noticed. Besides if you do exploit them and you DO get busted...your going to have a hard time trying to explain to him that what you were doing was only a means to help build the system!
Tek-E
New User
New User

Post by Not-as-of-yet on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:56 am
([msg=17921]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

sidebottom wrote:Hacking an other's computer without explicit consent is a violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and is illegal as well as immoral. This site does not support nor condone such activities.

*Nods head*

Sweet.
But soon, its only a matter of time.
Not-as-of-yet
New User
New User

Post by Mentalikryst on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:52 pm
([msg=21792]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

At my school, you can install stuff, they didn't block port 443 (so just change the url to https://... and you can access any site that allows https), you can run batch files, you can boot from cds, you can run programs off of flash drives, they tell you how to get ftp access to the server, the it guy didnt know the server was down (it literally died) until 2 weeks after it died, they didn't block hacking websites (they blocked google for like a month last year though, they didn't know they could just block video.google.com, so they blocked google.com).

And the list continues, and their server runs on either Win2000 or Win98. Oh, and the it guy accedentally set me up with semi-admin privleges a while ago, so I can start system processes, stop system processes, and modify some settings that affect all users. Also I know a kid (goes to a different school) who knows the admin password.

Overall: their security sucks, bad.

EDIT: And alot of people use worse passwords than my pe teacher (his pass is his username). For example a girl in my class is named Emma Rose, her username is erose, her password is rose.
Mentalikryst
New User
New User

Next

Return to Ethics