Bypassing .bat restrictions

The ubiquitous operating system, discussion of its (many) flaws, and how to mitigate the risks of those flaws

Bypassing .bat restrictions

Post by Sikvaruli on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:04 pm
([msg=14579]see Bypassing .bat restrictions[/msg])

Okay, if this is considered illegal, then close the thread, but I only want to ask this question for educational purposes.

Okay, so I know what I can do to bypass the school computer's internet block, but I run into a problem as I do so. What I first need to do is open the cmd prompt. The problem is, is that the school computers don't have the cmd prompt application avaliable for me. So I have learned how to make it happen. I have tried on my personal computer, and I know it works, so i'm not just pulling this from my ass.

I open notepad and type in "command.com" and then save it as ".bat" and then the cmd prompt comes up. My problem is, is in school when I type in ".bat" the file type is restricted and therefore the whole plan goes in the toilet. How do I bypass the ".bat" restriction the school has set up?

All help would be Appriciated dearly, and trust me, I will NOT do ANYTHING illegal with this information. I know it's important that this is used legally, and I can ensure you that I WILL use this kind of info legally.

Thanks!
I want to learn how to hack/bypass: .bat file restrictions, bypass administration restriction, and how to hack websites.

"Sikvaruli" is Georgian for "Love"
Sikvaruli; სიყვარული :D
Sikvaruli
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Bypassing .bat restrictions

Post by godofcereal on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:10 pm
([msg=14582]see Re: Bypassing .bat restrictions[/msg])

Its not illegal, we just dont want to get anyone in trouble. Have you tried just making a shortcut to it. Its very easy. And if that doesnt work then save it on a memory stick and then try it. Sorry i cant answer your question directly.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by f22 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:59 pm
([msg=14591]see Re: Bypassing .bat restrictions[/msg])

You could also try naming it ".cmd". It would do the same exact thing as .bat, it's just a matter of if they blocked that too.
f22
New User
New User

Post by Sikvaruli on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:14 am
([msg=14602]see Re: Bypassing .bat restrictions[/msg])

Ok, thanks guys, i'll try both today! I hope it works. Thanks again!
I want to learn how to hack/bypass: .bat file restrictions, bypass administration restriction, and how to hack websites.

Sikvaruli
New User
New User

Post by godofcereal on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:11 am
([msg=14608]see Re: Bypassing .bat restrictions[/msg])

If it doesnt work then just say and wel think of something else.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by aitken91 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:15 pm
([msg=14610]see Re: Bypassing .bat restrictions[/msg])

We had this problem in my school (before i left).

The .cmd and .bat files were blocked because the use of cmd.exe was blocked.

It was simple to bypass it:
right click and goto "open with" then goto windows\system32 then find and select command.com
aitken91
New User
New User

Post by myhexhax on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:43 pm
([msg=14614]see Re: Bypassing .bat restrictions[/msg])

Why do you need a way to run cmd or bat files? There are plenty of free HTTP/SOCKS/CGI proxies out there that you could run on your computer at home, and connect to it from your school computer, and browse the internet with only the restrictions of your home PC. Do you have a computer at home with an internet connection? Even running Apache, PHP, and a CGIProxy would be enough to get it running for you. Then enable it to run under SSL so that content filtering doesn't work, and you'd be home free.

If you still want to enable the command prompt, try running this via start->run:
REG add HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System /v DisableCMD /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Hope this helps!
gniripsni ewa si rehte eht morf cisum siht
myhexhax
Poster
Poster

Post by Sikvaruli on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:47 pm
([msg=14622]see Re: Bypassing .bat restrictions[/msg])

aitken91 wrote:We had this problem in my school (before i left).

The .cmd and .bat files were blocked because the use of cmd.exe was blocked.

It was simple to bypass it:
right click and goto "open with" then goto windows\system32 then find and select command.com

Yea, I'll try that, too, but I really wanna do this as well, just as a know-how. I mean, I know there are a billion ways to do it otherwise, but I wanna find out how to do it THIS way, just for fun! I'll try yours out, too though.

myhexhax wrote:Why do you need a way to run cmd or bat files? There are plenty of free HTTP/SOCKS/CGI proxies out there that you could run on your computer at home, and connect to it from your school computer, and browse the internet with only the restrictions of your home PC. Do you have a computer at home with an internet connection? Even running Apache, PHP, and a CGIProxy would be enough to get it running for you. Then enable it to run under SSL so that content filtering doesn't work, and you'd be home free.<br><br>If you still want to enable the command prompt, try running this via start->run:<br>REG add HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System /v DisableCMD /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f<br><br>Hope this helps!

Yea, but like before, I wanna try to do it like this so I know how to do it later. I really don't have a use for using Youtube or w/e, but getting to that goal is what i'm trying to achieve. Though i'm interested in your idea, i'll try this as well!

Thanks so much for your help, guys!

Sikvaruli
New User
New User

Post by 2nd To Jesus on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:18 pm
([msg=14624]see Re: Bypassing .bat restrictions[/msg])

should also creating a shortcut and adding this work?

REG add HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System /v DisableCMD /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

if that dont work try making a shortcut and add this into it

regedit.exe

and if that works jus go to

HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System DisableCMD "1"
2nd To Jesus
New User
New User

Post by MrCatMeow on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:56 am
([msg=15023]see Re: Bypassing .bat restrictions[/msg])

We recently found out how to access command at my school with it's harsh restrictions..
Basically, we create a shortcut on the desktop of something, and re-direct it. Chage the shortcuts destination to "Command" and we are away.
Hope it helps.
MrCatMeow
New User
New User

Next

Return to Microsoft Windows