Perfection

What is the nature of existence?

Re: Perfection

Post by shartpear on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:19 am
([msg=4792]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

This thread is not about whether or not some thing, such as math, can obtain perfection, but whether or not a person can. It is hard to say how a perfect person would act, because, as you pointed out, the definition is different for everyone. A flaw to one person may be a beauty to someone else. so while i could see someone else as perfect, she could think of herself as "needing a little work"
but to the original question, when i think of perfection, i dont think of killing. The perfect person would have to follow rules. sure, it would be capable of killing perfectly, but it never would.
shartpear
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by OneArrow on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:55 am
([msg=4796]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

Brent-tc wrote:So, argue with me all you want about me changing the definition a bit for perfect, but if you really think that I am not allowed to change the definition of a word such as this, then you are simply admitting that the definition of perfect is perfection in and of itself. Thus, perfection does exist, and can easily be reached, depending on your viewpoint.

Found the error! :D

Just teasing. :] As you suggest, everyone involved needs to have a common understanding of what "perfection" is, in order for any debate on the subject to have any real merit. But at the same time, if most people are discussing perfection in one sense, and you are talking about it in another, it's true that we're all talking about perfection, but we're not talking about the same thing anymore, and it's just comparing apples to oranges.

Semantics: the ultimate in imperfection. :p
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Post by VincentR91 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:07 am
([msg=11557]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

Perfection is important for alot of people.
A perfect person doesn't exist, but the hunger for a perfect partner makes you believe there is one.
So when you fall in love you expect her to be perfect.
VincentR91
New User
New User

Post by nosidius on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:28 am
([msg=11602]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

you want a definition of perfection?

my definition: perfection is the way things are, everything is what you make of it, and perfect only works in that it suits the occasion, and therefore there is perfection in everything, as it is all exactly what it needs to be

if that a bit confusing, look at the wording around it, it helps you understand it

can a person be perfect?
: all people are perfect for who they are, as perfection is a circumstantial term

and who ever said that they hate it when people say you or something you do is perfect, you don't even know how much i agree with you, i used to give my parents the evil eye when they did that......... and my teachers

thankfully they figured it out quickly enough.........
give me knowledge or give me death
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Post by eMpTy89 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:48 pm
([msg=18376]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

No living thing can achieve perfection, why? think about it that way, something perfect would have no need, like we can move because we need to be able to go get food because we need some to survive, tree's and plants can't move because they have no need to move(since they create their own food) so a perfect being would have no need to eat, so no need to exist...so perfection is so perfect that it doesn't even exist!
Man is something that is to be
surpassed. What have ye done to surpass man?-Friedrich Nietzsche "Thus spoke Zarathustra"
eMpTy89
New User
New User

Post by TheMindRapist on Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:34 pm
([msg=18751]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

eMpTy89 wrote:No living thing can achieve perfection, why? think about it that way, something perfect would have no need, like we can move because we need to be able to go get food because we need some to survive, tree's and plants can't move because they have no need to move(since they create their own food) so a perfect being would have no need to eat, so no need to exist...so perfection is so perfect that it doesn't even exist!

That depends on how you define perfection. I don't see why being perfect would mean you created your own food.
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by i_fallenhero on Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:54 pm
([msg=18755]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

mrs. butterworth lol wrote:there is no such thing as "perfection"
Perfect varies from being to being, every single person has their own view of how they imagine "perfection", and it varies through personal preference
i_fallenhero
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:19 pm
([msg=47930]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

Heisenberg uncertainty principle, extrapolate: nothing/nobody can be perfect.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Delaney12 on Sat May 17, 2014 9:57 am
([msg=80780]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

I am not sure how a perfect person would act. Never seen one and I know that I will never be one.
Delaney12
New User
New User

Previous

Return to General