New to animation

New to animation

Post by Downie on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:51 pm
([msg=74735]see New to animation[/msg])

I am completely new to this and i wanted to know some programs i can start out with. I want to
make 3D animations. So What programs can i use ? And can you recommend an ebook for beginners?
Downie
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: New to animation

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 pm
([msg=74737]see Re: New to animation[/msg])

Check out Blender...

I don't know any ebooks...
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by DrRoach on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:52 pm
([msg=74933]see Re: New to animation[/msg])

Cinema 4D is really good for 3d animation but you'll definitely need to watch some tutorial videos first to get your head around it.
DrRoach
Poster
Poster

Post by Masterful on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:43 pm
([msg=74934]see Re: New to animation[/msg])

Hi Downie,

I studied Digital Animation at University and we used 3D Studio Max. I guess it all depends what you want to do once you have learnt to Animate. If you are looking for a career in Animation then again it depends what you are looking industry you are going to Animate in. I say this because although I learnt 3D Studio Max, this software is widely used for the Games Industry, while a software package like Maya is a lot more suited to the Film industry along with Softimage XSI.

I think the main thing is to get comfortable with one software package and then if you find you want to learn another, moving over is not as much of a steep learning curve. I used 3D Studio Max for my Uni work and then to get a job had to learn Maya which while it took a little time, the principles of Modelling and Animation are the same, it was just a matter of getting used to the new tools. I don't know of any ebooks that are very good but Digital Tutors have a wide array of training available and you can sign up for a free account which gives you access to a large selection of free videos to get started, then if you want to get more specific they offer paid training in specific areas. Lynda.com also offer a very good selection of training on these type of subjects

Hope this helps
Masterful
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:25 am
([msg=74940]see Re: New to animation[/msg])

Since you're just getting started. I reccomend blander. It's free and had a great deal of free online information, youtube and google. Maya and 3ds max are both comercial and cost a crap load unless you can get a student discount
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Downie on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:58 am
([msg=74955]see Re: New to animation[/msg])

Sounds like blender is the way to go thanks guys
Downie
New User
New User

Return to Modeling and Animation