A Hackers Beginner Guide

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide

Post by JungleJam on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:14 am
([msg=75048]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

Good job man!

I fear that even if this is a great post,people will still think that hacking is just compromising systems and defacing or DoSing a website.

The saddest think I've seen is how a friend of mine bought a softwear for pentesting and goes in front of our friend saying how a great hacker he is,and he doesn't even know what a protocol,a domain,A HARDDRIVE,EVEN A LAN NETWORK IS and this is just wrong.Why do these people even bother with hacking when they don't even know basic IT or don't know what hacking actually is?
JungleJam
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by hellow533 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:36 am
([msg=75049]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

Everybody, (including you) wants to be that 1337 hax0r that's famous, yet not well known. You remember thejester right? Right. All he does is send partial requests through tor using proxychains (or something familiar), something we talked about. Because these partial requests only need to be sent once per second, instead of 10 times per second, it won't clog up the proxy server its self. Instead, the website being attacked is keeping the partial requests alive for like 400 seconds, listening for the rest of the connection. It isn't a hard program to make, and thejester certainly isn't the first to do it. Then you have your 1337 hax0rs that are over there strutting their shit, using full request pings. These pings clog up servers, so what the fuck do they do? They don't use one. Instead, they make DIRECT F*%^ING pings to who they are attacking, full request, so you need like 65 people to do it. These people deserve to get caught in my opinion. You must admit though, defacement and DOS are just about all most people can do these days. When taking down a site there isn't much to get, you can either take it down with admin powers or take it down with denial of service. Sometimes that's all you need though.

By the way, the only reason I know of thejester is because of recent threats on me, did a bit of doxing on the name, he's actually a pretty chill guy. At least what he does seems in good spirit, I don't mind at all if he wants to take down middle eastern terrorism recruiting sites (so he claims, but much better than wikileaks and going for OUR government). I talked to him about the threats mentioned in the first sentence, and he said he has nothing to do with them, and never uses real people as covers nor brings people in to his shit. Hopefully he's right. He wouldn't give me much, I suppose he thought I was social engineering him.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by impulse_x on Mon May 13, 2013 3:28 am
([msg=75580]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:Getting Your Foot In The Door
Just about every day or two, people come to these forums and ask the same typical question; "Where do I begin?", "How do I do this?", "Will you help me do this?". To make it easier for aspiring hackers, I have decided to take my time and make this post, which will outline some of the many things that will help you along your journey. I use the word journey, because it is going to be one. Do not think of hacking as something that you are just going to learn over a day, a week, a month, or even years. If you are serious, take the time to read this post. Yes it is long, yes you may know some of it. Does it hurt you, no. Can you possibly gain something from this, yes. This is almost a test to see how much you are willing to learn. If you are not willing to read a lengthy topic regarding how to get your foot into the door, then do not bother trying to learn at all.

-Ninjex-, beautiful and helpful post.

Thanks!

Ix
impulse_x
New User
New User

Post by Aeneid45 on Sun May 19, 2013 10:39 am
([msg=75675]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

Great post! I am glad that I had that mentality from the very start...
Aeneid45
New User
New User

Post by ZonessStar8i8 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:49 pm
([msg=75896]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

This is the kind of post that I have been looking for. I was sitting on the bus not too long ago and didn't know what I really wanted to do with my time. I have spent plenty of it in front of a computer, but never really understood how programs worked or read lines of codes. I have just started on codecademy.com and becoming familiar on HTML, so I came here to take it much further. I have read over the posts on this thread and I have no clue what Python or C is, but I want to learn it as well.

I want to get really good at programming and would be willing to dedicate hours on end to really understanding it. However, what chances does a self-taught programmer have in finding a job, compared to someone that went to school for it?
ZonessStar8i8
New User
New User

Post by brutal_hacker on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:06 am
([msg=75900]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

ZonessStar8i8 wrote:
I want to get really good at programming and would be willing to dedicate hours on end to really understanding it. However, what chances does a self-taught programmer have in finding a job, compared to someone that went to school for it?

I have told many people this before and I am going to tell you the same. Experience is great for getting your foot in the door where as real evidence is worth its weight in gold.

Many people make wrong choices in life and may take the wrong route for example I trained to be a games designer to only find out the fields not what I expected so now Im going back into computer security. I am not going back to university as it was a complete waste of time (and money dear lord...). I am however in the lines of starting a small business to get some real life experience in the field.

There are plenty of places on line where freelancers work and to be quite honest with you if you go to a programming company and explain to them the circumstances that have come to be and show them your work they may seem interested. But as I have said to many people before, speak to a real person do not communicate through emails even a phone call is better than an email its much more personally also build up a real portfolio. Experience and degrees are great and look pretty on C.V's but most company's will still want to see a real demonstration of your work.

I have met quite a few people that have got quite far with no degrees or certifications. But im not knocking those who got a masters degree as this will also push you forward but most likely like everyone else you will still be a trainee after 5 -9 years of training...

At the end of the day its all about how much you want it and what your going to do about it make it your passion and you should succeed.
brutal_hacker
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by ZonessStar8i8 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:18 pm
([msg=75919]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

I really appreciate the time you took to respond.

Much thanks!
ZonessStar8i8
New User
New User

Post by revolutinaryG on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:42 am
([msg=76696]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

This exacly wat i need it :mrgreen:
revolutinaryG
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:57 am
([msg=76697]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

revolutinaryG wrote:This exacly wat i need it :mrgreen:

Glad it was of use to you.
If you need anymore help, I am a pm away, these forums are here, as well as the IRC.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by VvGHOSTvV on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:54 pm
([msg=76767]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

Great post man.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
VvGHOSTvV
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone