Suggestions for a multisite CMS

Suggestions for a multisite CMS

Post by tremor77 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:12 am
([msg=66735]see Suggestions for a multisite CMS[/msg])

I'm basically looking to setup a single install CMS that I can roll out to multiple sites... probably within a LAMP virtual server environment using subdomains.

I know that Drupal and Wordpress offer some multisite capability but I was wondering if there were any other suggestions. I'd even consider 'paid' CMS. Basically want to get the easiest rollout possible, and something that will be both handy for any developers but with a real keen eye toward end-users who will be adding content via wysiwyg.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Suggestions for a multisite CMS

Post by mShred on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:39 pm
([msg=66791]see Re: Suggestions for a multisite CMS[/msg])

Drupal.. I literally hate drupal. And wordpress is, well it's wordpress. I honestly haven't messed with much other than drupal and bare CMS's like codeigniter. But then again that's just a framework. Maybe add something like Joomla to your list? I'm not the guy to be giving advice in this realm though.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Suggestions for a multisite CMS

Post by tremor77 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:25 am
([msg=66817]see Re: Suggestions for a multisite CMS[/msg])

Well I know Drupal and Wordpress both have some built-in multisite (power multiple sites on different domains or subdomains) from a single installation... haven't messed around enough to know how it works.. i'm assuming there needs to be some contiguous directory structure, or you need to install the core files for each website in its own virtual environment and then push out the updates from a master installation.. but.. these are open source community projects.. I'd be interested in paid with support based systems too... I have a real interest in building a site where end-users run their own website within the parameters of my master CMS (including theme restrictions, etc).
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Web Design