Need a little bit of help

Need a little bit of help

Post by TopsyKretttts on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:06 am
([msg=64172]see Need a little bit of help[/msg])

A friend has asked me to take a look at his site for any security exploits that hackers could potentially use to infiltrate his website with. I've looked and I don't see anything but please bear in mind that I am still quite new to everything. If you guys could take a quick look and let me know if you see any threats, I'd appreciate it loads.

The link is: URL edited out

Thanks a lot guys. :)
TopsyKretttts
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Need a little bit of help

Post by Dahaar on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 am
([msg=64173]see Re: Need a little bit of help[/msg])

Hallo,

first of all, I have to tell you that we can't just point out some security leaks, if we find them. I mean, we can't know for sure that you are not intending to illegaly use these for your own profit and and that this is your first and only post here doesn't increase your credibility.
But I'll take a look and if I find some, I will tell the owner directly. Please don't take that personally, we just have to be cautious.
Dahaar
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:17 pm
([msg=64175]see Re: Need a little bit of help[/msg])

TopsyKretttts wrote:A friend has asked me to take a look at his site for any security exploits that hackers could potentially use to infiltrate his website with. I've looked and I don't see anything but please bear in mind that I am still quite new to everything. If you guys could take a quick look and let me know if you see any threats, I'd appreciate it loads.

The link is: URL edited out
Thanks a lot guys. :)

If you could ask your friend to put a comment in the HTML that's something like; "CIAFBA... HTS". That way, we know that it really is his site, and we really do have permission to pen-test it. Otherwise, it's illegal, and we don't not support nor condone illegal activities.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:17 pm
([msg=64182]see Re: Need a little bit of help[/msg])

Until there is proof of owner ship in the html the url will remain edited out. When there is a comment added into the html come back and re-post the link.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to Web Design