Overloaded site

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Overloaded site

Post by Amplifaa on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:38 am
([msg=71931]see Overloaded site[/msg])

I think its a bug becouse everytime i do this same thing happed, first overloaded pictrue and then logouting me from my account. I am doing realistic mision 4 (the one with bad ppl killing animals) and when i do url request like this
http://www.hackthissite.org/missions/realistic/4/products.php?category=-1%20UNION%20SELECT%20@@version,2,3,4 overload happed. SO its my bigggg luck becouse its happed every time like 100 times or i really discovered SQL injection in this mission :D ?
Amplifaa
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Overloaded site

Post by centip3de on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:11 pm
([msg=71938]see Re: Overloaded site[/msg])

Amplifaa wrote:I think its a bug becouse everytime i do this same thing happed, first overloaded pictrue and then logouting me from my account. I am doing realistic mision 4 (the one with bad ppl killing animals) and when i do url request like this
http://www.hackthissite.org/missions/realistic/4/products.php?category=-1%20UNION%20SELECT%20@@version,2,3,4 overload happed. SO its my bigggg luck becouse its happed every time like 100 times or i really discovered SQL injection in this mission :D ?

Admins/Mods/Devs: Confirmed over here on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, with Chromium as my browser.

OP: Bug, possibly. SQL injection, no.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Amplifaa on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:49 pm
([msg=71939]see Re: Overloaded site[/msg])

I am Ubuntu 11.04 and firefox 14 forgot to add. I know that its no sql inject, cuz i cant do shit with it, i am just joking. I also found other smillar bug but forgot where it is, mayby ill post it leter.
Amplifaa
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:55 pm
([msg=71940]see Re: Overloaded site[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
Amplifaa wrote:I think its a bug becouse everytime i do this same thing happed, first overloaded pictrue and then logouting me from my account. I am doing realistic mision 4 (the one with bad ppl killing animals) and when i do url request like this

Admins/Mods/Devs: Confirmed over here on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, with Chromium as my browser.

OP: Bug, possibly. SQL injection, no.

Same here, except I am using:
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with Firefox 17.0.1
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Kage on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:27 pm
([msg=71944]see Re: Overloaded site[/msg])

The 'Overloaded' page you're seeing is due to a proxy timeout. We're using a frontend load balancer that forwards traffic onto 3 to 5 backend web application servers (dynamically changes with load). There are a few timeouts in place: connection, send, and receive. Connection timeouts occur only if the application server is overloaded (the real reason behind the 'Overload' page), and send/receive timeouts occur if the application server takes too long to process a web request. This is seemingly occurring due to backend processing timeouts (causing a receive timeout).

I'm not exactly sure why this particular mission URL is causing a receive timeout. I'll look into it when time allows.
~ Kage ~

HackThisSite Manager
Kage
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Comments & Suggestions