Problem with the page

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Problem with the page

Post by elcolgaodeturno on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:04 am
([msg=68353]see Problem with the page[/msg])

Hi, i'm using tor + proxy to connect to internet, but hackthissite give me a couple of errors continuously, some times i only get index and get problems elsewhere in the page.
I don't know what's the problem, but don't have any problems with any page while using tor or not.
I'm tried 3 navigator, chromium, iceweasel and opera, and all them shows an error 70 % times.
if i connect directly without tor it doesn't fail anymore.But i want to continue using it, for security reasons.
Here's the errors:

chromium

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://www.hackthissite.org/missions/basic/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
opera
Could not connect to proxy server. access denied

Check that the address is correct or try searching the site.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iceweasel/firefox
Shows the Open/ Save as index.php
or give me a message about too many redirects, infinite loop...or something else.

I tried to delete cookies, but it seems not work. if anyone or the admins can help me i'll be grateful.
Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand me, Thanks!!
elcolgaodeturno
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Problem with the page

Post by limdis on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:20 am
([msg=68358]see Re: Problem with the page[/msg])

elcolgaodeturno wrote: i'm using tor + proxy to connect to internet

Which proxy?
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by elcolgaodeturno on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:57 am
([msg=68359]see Re: Problem with the page[/msg])

privoxy, wich i use with other webpages and programs and didn't do any problem....

-- Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:31 pm --

i googled and searched over the web but found nothing useful...
elcolgaodeturno
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:49 pm
([msg=68368]see Re: Problem with the page[/msg])

Are you able to connect to anything while you have tor running? If not, then it's a problem with your setup. If you can only sometimes connect to HTS, it's probably because you're routing through a proxy and tor. Tor alone will slow you down. Sometimes things won't load due to the timeout on the connection.
Side note, if you're really that paranoid, get a VPN. Safe, and a hell of a lot faster.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by centip3de on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:15 pm
([msg=68376]see Re: Problem with the page[/msg])

It looks like your connection is too slow and the request keep timing out. Try to find a faster proxy to connect to, or use a new identity in TOR. Also, I can't tell if you're turning TOR on, and then running different browsers, like Chromium or Firefox. However, if this is the case (and I remember correctly), TOR _only_ routes it's browser traffic through all of said proxies. So turning on TOR, and then using Chromium, won't make you anymore secure.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by elcolgaodeturno on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:44 am
([msg=68418]see Re: Problem with the page[/msg])

oh, i'm not very paranoid, but i search on onion router sites, and need it, and search engines like google save your searches for distribute all our preferences to another companies, most web pages doing the same, and i like to protect my privacy online, pal.
i'm finding vpn free service, but no one works with linux,sadly, because it would bring protection against a malicious people in the tor exit relay, where the information is decrypted and sent to its destination, allowing to intercept the information at the exit relay host.
i think that are little paranoic, but security is necessary depends where you surfing the web, huh?
and centip3de, most programs too works with tor, configuring proxy settings for routing data, and surfing safe all web and deep web.
thanks all!!

-- Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:52 pm --

ah! and i'm connecting with my neighbor wlan! it's hard to ignore the possibility of interception of the data...
elcolgaodeturno
New User
New User

Return to Comments & Suggestions