HTS File/Project Sharing

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

HTS File/Project Sharing

Post by MNP_Hikaru on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:30 pm
([msg=63983]see HTS File/Project Sharing[/msg])

So, I was recently inspired by the codes -Th3V01d- has been posting here and here, and in turn was thinking of posting the code for my final project for my C++ class last semester to see if anyone had any suggestions for improving it. I didn't though, because it's multiple files and roughly 2-3 thousand lines of code. XD

This got me thinking though, and I wanted to know what people thought of the idea of a file sharing service for HTS where people could upload projects they were working on (actual code, pseudo-code, flow charts, written plans/discussion) and others can contribute ideas/code/work to said projects. After all, one of the best things about this community is that we are open source and work to help each other out, right?

I don't have the foggiest clue on how this could be implemented, but I am interested in hearing what others think.
One of these days there's gonna be a real profound quote down here.
MNP_Hikaru
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: HTS File/Project Sharing

Post by mShred on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:37 pm
([msg=63987]see Re: HTS File/Project Sharing[/msg])

bren2010 actually finished an HTS Pastebin like thingamajibber. I'm not sure if that's exactly what you mean, but I feel like it'd be beneficial to code sharing and whatnot.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by MNP_Hikaru on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:44 pm
([msg=63988]see Re: HTS File/Project Sharing[/msg])

That would definitely be good for code sharing. I was also thinking along the lines of what LoGiCaL__ suggested over in this thread about making your own ip-hider, and was thinking that a file sharing system that also allowed for sharing full fledged programs would be good. Ones that people made, but maybe want tested/debugged?

I feel like getting projects out there for people to be involved in (smaller than the HTS recode project)(is that even still happening?)(I'm depressed now...) might help bring back some enthusiasm and hype.
MNP_Hikaru
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by limdis on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:52 pm
([msg=63991]see Re: HTS File/Project Sharing[/msg])

If only temporary, Google Code works great for small projects. I was wanting to write up an email spoofer. I'll get around to it eventually. I have a bad habit of taking on 100 projects at once.

MNP_Hikaru wrote:I feel like getting projects out there for people to be involved in (smaller than the HTS recode project)(is that even still happening?)(I'm depressed now...) might help bring back some enthusiasm and hype.

This^
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by MNP_Hikaru on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:58 pm
([msg=63992]see Re: HTS File/Project Sharing[/msg])

limdis wrote:I was wanting to write up an email spoofer.

Hmm. Continuing my initial train of thought of using this to benefit HTS, do you think you'd be opposed to, if and when you make this, also including notes on how and why what you are doing works? If I ever do post my C++ stuff (maybe I'll get around to putting my project up XD) I am... let's call it "generous" with my comments.

Just to throw ideas out. XD Stop me at any moment, guys.

limdis wrote:I have a bad habit of taking on 100 projects at once.

You and me both.
MNP_Hikaru
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by limdis on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:13 pm
([msg=63993]see Re: HTS File/Project Sharing[/msg])

MNP_Hikaru wrote:[Hmm. Continuing my initial train of thought of using this to benefit HTS, do you think you'd be opposed to, if and when you make this, also including notes on how and why what you are doing works?

Yeah I could do that. This is what started the desire to write one. Nothing fancy really, just general concept behind how its done. My end goal would be to have it spoof not only the FROM form but also the IP addresses associated with origin. I'm sure its been done. But as I mentioned in the other thread the ones I came across suck, dont do what I want, filled with malicious code, or designed to be bombers instead of single use.

But yes the more comments, notes and explanations the better, with any project. Don't want to be like HF do we? :)
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Return to Comments & Suggestions