Enforce/add rules to forums

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Re: Enforce/add rules to forums

Post by mShred on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:06 am
([msg=62643]see Re: Enforce/add rules to forums[/msg])

limdis wrote:Hey! This is not my area of expertise so I really have no idea how to answer that. If I had any advice for you I'd gladly help you out. Good luck!

Now why did you just waste 5 min of your time and now everyone else's time to read your completely useless comment...

I feel this could be okay if you say something like "I'm not an expert on the topic, but I just did a Google search and came up with this.
limdis wrote:
It is getting better. The banhammer is still strong. I did see a post a couple of days back that was trying to advertise a car rental service. It was wiped really fast. Good job MODs.

Yeah, that was annoying. He went and posted the same exact thing fifteen different times in fifteen different places. That was a bitch to get rid of.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Enforce/add rules to forums

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:43 am
([msg=62648]see Re: Enforce/add rules to forums[/msg])

mShred wrote:
limdis wrote:
limdis wrote:
It is getting better. The banhammer is still strong. I did see a post a couple of days back that was trying to advertise a car rental service. It was wiped really fast. Good job MODs.

Yeah, that was annoying. He went and posted the same exact thing fifteen different times in fifteen different places. That was a bitch to get rid of.

I also seen this the other night. I actually responded to one of them not realizing there were a bunch of other ones exactly the same. Basically just saying go post somewhere where it would be ideal. Yeah, lets go spam a bunch of advertisements for some car rental service on a hacking forum. This must be one of those guys that say they know html but don't get the first mission.

To prevent something like this, maybe a function that just checks the "latest post thread" to see if there where recent posts with the same exact message being posted and just recognize that fact and don't let said post happen. Until the recent threads were bumped out it wouldn't be able to post again. At the very least it would slow the rate and overall number of this kind of spamming post.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Comments & Suggestions