Enforce/add rules to forums

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Enforce/add rules to forums

Post by hellow533 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:48 am
([msg=62524]see Enforce/add rules to forums[/msg])

Such threads as "Get someones facebook password" to "Get Xbox console unbanned ".

Now, I'm not one to complain, but we really should make it more clear that we are not mercenaries ready to hack anything you want for free. Or for pay. You know what I mean..

Anyways, we need to make it more clear to obviously new users that we wont just hack anything you ask us to, and we aren't going to help you do these illegal activities. It's posted in the rules not to talk about illegal activities *not really breaking it even though it's a part of this topic* but for some reason they just love to post this nonsense. Is there any way we can make it more clear not to ask us to give you information on such silly requests?

I mean, asking us how to test your security is one thing, asking us how to test your website's security would be fine too. Asking us how to get a certain website's user information is another, and it seems that's just the main topic on almost all new HTS user's minds.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Enforce/add rules to forums

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:14 am
([msg=62526]see Re: Enforce/add rules to forums[/msg])

Maybe implement a filter. So if the words "can" && "you" && "hack" are in the topic, post=0. If not. maybe throw it in a thread where only the mods can read. Just for that slight chance those words are in the topic but it isn't what it seems.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by hellow533 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:02 pm
([msg=62539]see Re: Enforce/add rules to forums[/msg])

It's just getting a bit ridiculous that's all..
“Teach me how to hack!”
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mShred on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:30 pm
([msg=62540]see Re: Enforce/add rules to forums[/msg])

Well we do try to keep the forum clean. I wouldn't know how to implement a good filter that didn't filter out legit posts. Even so, people would find ways around them.
Maybe later if I have time, I'll make a global post on what first-time posters need to consider before posting. That way everyone can see it, rather than just nzone.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by tremor77 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 am
([msg=62547]see Re: Enforce/add rules to forums[/msg])

1. Site theme (ya I'm calling that again) it screams skiddiez 4 hire.

2. Noooo.. blocking that would hurt one of my primary sources of income, taking money from idiots who think I will hack something for them... erm, legally it's called a consultation fee.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:05 pm
([msg=62549]see Re: Enforce/add rules to forums[/msg])

Most of the kind of topics the OP has mentioned are by people who have 1 or just a few posts. This has probably been mentioned but why not put new members on a probationary period < 10 posts or some other number deemed appropriate. This way you won't get randoms just joining to spam or post anything like mentioned above. Then the mods can approve or disapprove whether or not the posts actually do get posted.

-- Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:07 pm --

We probably would miss out on some funny ones though. Such as people asking to hack those dolls schools hand out now to replicate the parenting experience.
Last edited by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by hellow533 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:29 pm
([msg=62550]see Re: Enforce/add rules to forums[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:1. Site theme (ya I'm calling that again) it screams skiddiez 4 hire.

2. Noooo.. blocking that would hurt one of my primary sources of income, taking money from idiots who think I will hack something for them... erm, legally it's called a consultation fee.

Nobody is stupid enough to pay you money to hack.. I hope nobody is anyways.
“Teach me how to hack!”
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tremor77 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 pm
([msg=62565]see Re: Enforce/add rules to forums[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:
tremor77 wrote:1. Site theme (ya I'm calling that again) it screams skiddiez 4 hire.

Nobody is stupid enough to pay you money to hack.. I hope nobody is anyways.

You underestimate the stupidity of some people good sir. :twisted: Also - I have recently become a certified ethical hacker soon to start my own business (pending bank loan) so.... cha-ching.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by VPR3 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:00 pm
([msg=62628]see Re: Enforce/add rules to forums[/msg])

I thought it was getting better; haven't seen any of the "helpz me hackz my email cuz i forget my password". I don't see a need for filters or new forum rules. If the mods and "real" forum members stay vigilent the forum can stay clean of trolls.

PM me for my free software, will show you how to legally hack 5,000$ a month.
VPR3
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:18 pm
([msg=62635]see Re: Enforce/add rules to forums[/msg])

Slightly off topic, but still being on the same level with annoying.
I can't stand seeing a question posted when someone comes in and says they have no idea how to answer said question and offer nothing to the conversation. Here is an example:

Question.
Re: Question:
Hey! This is not my area of expertise so I really have no idea how to answer that. If I had any advice for you I'd gladly help you out. Good luck!

Now why did you just waste 5 min of your time and now everyone else's time to read your completely useless comment...

VPR3 wrote:I thought it was getting better; haven't seen any of the "helpz me hackz my email cuz i forget my password". I don't see a need for filters or new forum rules. If the mods and "real" forum members stay vigilent the forum can stay clean of trolls.

It is getting better. The banhammer is still strong. I did see a post a couple of days back that was trying to advertise a car rental service. It was wiped really fast. Good job MODs.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Next

Return to Comments & Suggestions