irc discussion

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Re: irc discussion

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:45 pm
([msg=58631]see Re: irc discussion[/msg])

Isn't RTB more of a side project? Wasn't Wells taking care of that?

Sure as hell am looking forward to it though. :)
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by spiffomatic64 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:51 pm
([msg=58633]see Re: irc discussion[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Isn't RTB more of a side project? Wasn't Wells taking care of that?

as far as I can tell, you're right.

After lots of drama in irc tonight, I think myself and (hopefully) apples will be developing some new challenges, whether or not they are accepted or not.... remains to be seen :)

My plan is to find some common php/mysql software (phpbb, etc) find a recent flaw, and emulate it.
spiffomatic64
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:40 am
([msg=58638]see Re: irc discussion[/msg])

Sounds good. :)
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Wells on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:54 am
([msg=58648]see Re: irc discussion[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Isn't RTB more of a side project? Wasn't Wells taking care of that?

I'm not working on RTB. I wrote a bit of code to see if my suggestion to use CodeIgniter and DataMapper for HTS was reasonable. I concluded it was, then stopped what I was doing. So it was really just a proof of concept, although there were some other people like wired that seemed to be interested in working on RTB more.

Brendan2011 wrote:I understand how it can be a waste of time, but it's irrelevant. The recode taking longer to complete than something hacked together from CodeIgniter doesn't affect you what so ever in the mean time.

Could you elaborate more on your "hacked together from CodeIgniter" comment? Why do you think using CodeIgniter would lead to some "hacked together" site? CodeIgniter is a mature MVC framework. That's all basically. Using MVC is the standard solution nowadays, and you can implement whatever else you need on top of it. I don't understand this comment at all.
Wells
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Comments & Suggestions