can't change email/don't get notifications

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

can't change email/don't get notifications

Post by littlemayhem on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:42 am
([msg=56322]see can't change email/don't get notifications[/msg])

I did a quick search of the forum and couldn't see anyone else with the question, so help if you could?

First, I want to change my email address. When I go to the UCP and then profile/edit account settings, it shows my current email, and says "you must confirm your current password if you wish to change it, alter your e-mail address or username". So I type in my password, and it says "your details have been updated". But there's no way I can change the email address - I try clicking on it, seeing if there are any other links, and there are no other text boxes for me to enter details into. Am I completely missing something here? In the help/FAQ section it doesn't say anything else on this.

Second, I don't get notifications from threads. I'm subscribed to two or three threads (which show up under subscriptions), and have it automatically subscribing to threads I post in. I also check that the box is ticked when I post. All the options are set to me receiving emails, my email address is correct (even though I want to change it), and it's not going to my spam folder. Again, I checked the FAQ page for anything on this, but can't find anything except what I've already looked at.

I hope these aren't silly questions, but I've looked at all the options under UCP, looked at the FAQ, and I can't work out why I can't do either of these things. I assumed that being notified of posts meant an email, but thus far I haven't had anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

mayhem
the moon goes dark and chaos has come again

ranking
littlemayhem
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Comments & Suggestions