Is HTS a ghost town?

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Re: Is HTS a ghost town?

Post by Default3d on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:31 pm
([msg=53357]see Re: Is HTS a ghost town?[/msg])

Well then, back to my original thought. I'll round up some newbies like me and get some movement in here. The site's clearly not dead...but a lot of the posts about lectures, and the really special things that got me interested in HTS are from 2008-2010. I've also seen a lot of posts about how people want them back and complain about not having them, I don't want this thread to be "baw" at all. I'm just looking for constructive suggestions and thoughts on how to get things moving. If the admins and mods are busy or have little interest, which I can understand (we all have lives), then maybe the users should organize something. I'm just throwing this idea out there, I am in no means capable enough in hacking to even write a code let alone start projects and lectures. It seems though, that communicating is the best way for a forum like this to train and challenge hackers. If anyone is interested in this, then we should dedicate this thread to the first few steps. Even if it's something small, it would help out.
Default3d
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Freedom Jack on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:53 pm
([msg=53358]see Re: Is HTS a ghost town?[/msg])

Default3d wrote:Well then, back to my original thought. I'll round up some newbies like me and get some movement in here. The site's clearly not dead...but a lot of the posts about lectures, and the really special things that got me interested in HTS are from 2008-2010. I've also seen a lot of posts about how people want them back and complain about not having them, I don't want this thread to be "baw" at all. I'm just looking for constructive suggestions and thoughts on how to get things moving. If the admins and mods are busy or have little interest, which I can understand (we all have lives), then maybe the users should organize something. I'm just throwing this idea out there, I am in no means capable enough in hacking to even write a code let alone start projects and lectures. It seems though, that communicating is the best way for a forum like this to train and challenge hackers. If anyone is interested in this, then we should dedicate this thread to the first few steps. Even if it's something small, it would help out.

Well...This is my first forum post and Iv been actively using HTS for about 2 years. I think HTS is foundationally a personal quest. It is of course good to contribute, but we need something constructive to give! HTS is full of resources to "train and challenge", I don't think at all that HTS is a "ghost town". However, I do see your point for a little more communication in what is actually going on with the site, but that's being addressed as we speak :) http://www.hackthissite.org/news/view/583

I hope you are here to stay! I hope you will be able to change the following: "I am in no means capable enough in hacking to even write a code let alone start projects and lectures." That my friend was exactly me two years ago :)
Freedom Jack
New User
New User

Post by Default3d on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:36 pm
([msg=53360]see Re: Is HTS a ghost town?[/msg])

Thank you for that, I should have looked around. I'm staying, and it looks like I chose the right time. Let me say, I'm so fucking down with this. So down, I'm dead for HTS. I can't wait to get into v5, looks like people as just as passionate about this as I am. I'd like to see you post more when Recode is finished, you could help a lot of users like me out. Being from a similar background.
Default3d
New User
New User

Post by 3j4y on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:52 am
([msg=53424]see Re: Is HTS a ghost town?[/msg])

I just joined about 2 hours ago and I think HTS is really cool, I'm somewhat new to programming, very new to networking/hacking. I was surprised when I realized how functional the "missions" are. I'm definately interested in becoming involved, though I don't have much to offer right now as my skills are limited mainly to programming in scripting languages. If anyone of you more experienced members happen to enjoy guiding newbies like myself in the right direction, I'd appriciate it ;D.
3j4y
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:38 am
([msg=53425]see Re: Is HTS a ghost town?[/msg])

3j4y wrote: If anyone of you more experienced members happen to enjoy guiding newbies like myself in the right direction, I'd appriciate it ;D.

That's what the forums are for. You will not get a mentor.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Previous

Return to Comments & Suggestions