Privacy Missions

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Privacy Missions

Post by fabianhjr on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:12 am
([msg=52299]see Privacy Missions[/msg])

In the sight of a recent post about http://wtikay.com/ it would be really cool to have some Privacy Missions which teach you how to defend your anonymity. Here are some ideas:

CSS Web History
Proxy(You get a secret URL and must access it from 3 other countries without revealing your real IP)
HTTPS <-In All single page even the forums should use it.
The JS disabling missions changed to the privacy category.

So what you think? Can we work a whole new fresh category out?
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Privacy Missions

Post by tremor77 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:28 am
([msg=52300]see Re: Privacy Missions[/msg])

I like it. As privacy issues grow and grow I think we should focus on safe browsing habits for all. Trying to think of the technical side though in how to present and the reward this type of mission though.... In order to properly reward someone they would have to login and allow HTS to the information that we are telling them they need to hide to complete the mission! It's almost like a - give me your debit card and pin # so I can tell you how to protect it.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fabianhjr on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 am
([msg=52307]see Re: Privacy Missions[/msg])

Well, as the elite or advance proxy goes we just give a Token such as hts.org/token.php?=Random long string. Which doesn't need your auth and registers from which country the request came from. If it is a transparent proxy it registeres the FORWARDED_FOR.

CSS Web History exploit -> read about it in wtikay.com

HTTPS Everywhere. It tests if you use Google SSL or similar.(Using the CSS web history exploit)

More mission suggestions would be welcomed!

-- Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:20 am --

Well, as the elite or advance proxy goes we just give a Token such as hts.org/token.php?=Random long string. Which doesn't need your auth and registers from which country the request came from. If it is a transparent proxy it registeres the FORWARDED_FOR.

CSS Web History exploit -> read about it in wtikay.com

HTTPS Everywhere. It tests if you use Google SSL or similar.(Using the CSS web history exploit)

More mission suggestions would be welcomed!
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Post by Goatboy on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:41 pm
([msg=52314]see Re: Privacy Missions[/msg])

I have always liked how Hellbound Hackers does some of their missions. Instead of having a specific category, they will have something like "Log in from a Linux box" for 10 points. We could do something similar like "Log in from 3 different countries" for 50 and so on.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Return to Comments & Suggestions