Audio recording of lectures?

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Audio recording of lectures?

Post by centip3de on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:53 am
([msg=51513]see Audio recording of lectures?[/msg])

I'm sorry if this topic is grammatically correct, or doesn't flow very well brain is kinda fried atm (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6531 nuff said).

Anywho, on to the crux of the matter. I have a suggestion that we should start recording the lectures, so people like me who are bad with dates, or end up having plans on that day don't miss out on them. For instance, I just made a partition to install Ubuntu, (my very first Linux install in a desktop environment (previously it was with a netbook)) I made the partition in my D: drive (something I didn't know was possible...). Either that or the for some reason my D: drive (recovery drive) got 2 gig's fuller out of the blue. Also I had a hell of a time getting my driver firmware (broadband 802.1) recognized and installed, then I deleted my nm-applet and had to reinstall that, but it didn't show in the panel, so I had to install wcid offline by running it seeing what it was dependent on (i.e. python libraries) and getting them on the Ubuntu online repository on my Vista, restarting and pulling them onto my Linux partition in Ubuntu. This went on forever, I finally have it installed (but now the icon is on the bottom panel?) and now it's stuck on "Obtaining I.P. Address".

Also, since I have a duel monitor setup I had to figure out how to work that out on my own, including installing Nvida proprietary drivers offline and switching the primary monitors. And including the no wireless problem from "Obtaining I.P. Address" I am having problems with partitioning because it seems I made it much to small (It seems to think it only has 10 gb). [/rant] Anywho, I feel that most of this would have been avoided if I had heard the into to Linux lecture first. Hence the main topic of this thread.

P.S. Please feel free to reply telling me I'm an idiot and locking the thread if audio recordings already exist :D
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Audio recording of lectures?

Post by mShred on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:03 am
([msg=51514]see Re: Audio recording of lectures?[/msg])

viewforum.php?f=142
You're no idiot, but they do already exist :)
Whatever happened to the lectures? We should bring those back. I happened to miss every one so i was stuck listening to the audio files.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Audio recording of lectures?

Post by centip3de on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:17 am
([msg=51517]see Re: Audio recording of lectures?[/msg])

mShred wrote:http://www.hackthissite.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=142
You're no idiot, but they do already exist :)
Whatever happened to the lectures? We should bring those back. I happened to miss every one so i was stuck listening to the audio files.

Oh god bless! I shall commence listening to them muahahaha

-- Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:31 am --

Any chance somebody could help me with my problem? I'd hate to have to start ANOTHER thread just to get all of this solved :/
Anywho I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick, and the problems are as I stated above. Can't connect to wireless with wicd and my nm-applet has dissappeard and isn't reappearing, tho I know it's installed.... And also, I want to add more space to my partition for Linux (~18 mg are left D: ) But I seem to not be able to do that with "MiniTool Partition Wizard". Also, I think that my partition is in my D: (recovery) drive because it magically got 2 gigs fuller over night..... Any help for the Linux n00b here? :)
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Comments & Suggestions