DoS?

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

DoS?

Post by ElectroPlasma on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:55 pm
([msg=48481]see DoS?[/msg])

The site was down yesterday. First it was SUPER slow, then I just got a white page instantly on every part of the site. I admire people's enthusiasm for hacking, but testing DoS on a site that people are trying to use is a little rude. :(

Just thought I'd mention it. Maybe it was just me and no one was DoSing, but other websites worked fine.

-EP
ElectroPlasma
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: DoS?

Post by Defience on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:01 pm
([msg=48483]see Re: DoS?[/msg])

ElectroPlasma wrote:The site was down yesterday. First it was SUPER slow, then I just got a white page instantly on every part of the site. I admire people's enthusiasm for hacking, but testing DoS on a site that people are trying to use is a little rude. :(

Just thought I'd mention it. Maybe it was just me and no one was DoSing, but other websites worked fine.

-EP

Strange.....it was working fine for me.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by sanddbox on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:55 pm
([msg=48484]see Re: DoS?[/msg])

Lawl, one person wouldn't be able to take us down unless they had some massive upload (although ten decent shells can take us down easily). More likely than anything, there were just a lot of people on the site at the time.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by tremor77 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:11 am
([msg=48493]see Re: DoS?[/msg])

There is a quality of service issue on the NET in general it seems these days. I find myself having issues with certain sites from work that are fine from home and vice versa... I don't believe the problems are from the sites themselves but more likely have to do with DNS, routing, and... to me it seems there is an inequality of infrastructure and that some routes just get clogged up. Being the conspiracy theorist that I am I believe these service issues are an actual and intended nefarious PLOT by Google, Verizon and a few other ISP's to have regulation on net neutrality revisited so that they can change the infrastructure of the internet in order to make even more massive profits than they already do. OR it could just be that the traffic and user load on the internet really is pushing existing capacity to it's limits. One thing I can luckily say is that HTS always loads nice and quick for me!
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Comments & Suggestions