Skype groups?

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Re: Skype groups?

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:07 am
([msg=40027]see Re: Skype groups?[/msg])

Chunkie wrote:Would be awesome, but I'll go with Teamspeak or ventrilo.

Reason.

1.In skype the sound from every user would be on at the same time, unless you mute them.
2.On Ts/Ventrilo, you can join with an Ip and password, you dont need to invite people to join one..
3.In Ts/Ventrilo, you can easy create channels for specific missions etc.
4.In Ts/Ventrilo If you want you can turn off voice response and use "push to talk"

I guess Ventrilo and Teamspeak got some disadvantages too.
Sorry for my english.

Don't worry, your English is better than some native speakers on this forum. And yes, it seems ventrillo would be chosen over skype.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Crunchbite on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:25 am
([msg=40031]see Re: Skype groups?[/msg])

I've always had skype on my windows partition. I have never given Ventrillo a try for that reason. I'm gonna have to go check that out and see how it is.
"I will teach you the way of the open keyboard, young one...I have helped many pupils achieve zen...and for only SEVEN easy payments of $19.99, I can give you FREE hacking lessons!" -sanddbox
Crunchbite
New User
New User

Post by Theminatar on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:16 pm
([msg=40184]see Re: Skype groups?[/msg])

I think having a Vent server for HTS to use for lectures would be better than a Skype. Ventrillo has more options, and it is easier to manage.
Theminatar
New User
New User

Post by Monica on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:16 am
([msg=40254]see Re: Skype groups?[/msg])

Please reply with feedback on Ventrilo or any other suggestions you may have. I personally use and prefer Ventrilo for a few of the reasons below. The more replies I receive, the faster we have the opportunity for lectures.

Monica wrote:The idea is for the HTS community to provide and attend lectures via Skype or Ventrilo. If you haven't noticed, we do have a Lectures section where you can submit a lecture for computer-related topics.

insomaniacal wrote:Might be interesting, though the only skype conversations I've had with people from here turned into pointless chatter fairly quickly xD.

I'll write guidelines for both the lecturer and the 'student' to follow to improve the quality of the lessons.
Ventrilo is available for all OS's, offers high-quality sound, group chats/IM's and a whole lot of other features.

Link @ http://www.ventrilo.com
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 15hun on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:59 pm
([msg=43063]see Re: Skype groups?[/msg])

So do Hts have a Ventrilo that i can use?
I'm A Knowledge Seeker
15hun
New User
New User

Post by kujinR on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:45 am
([msg=43119]see Re: Skype groups?[/msg])

This would be awesome if it were implemented. I have never used Ventrilo, so I don't have any feedback on that.

I have used Skype at work to conduct training before and remember having problems with the sound. It was sometimes either not clear or not there at all. Mind you, we were all in the same building. So, it would seem Ventrilo would be the better choice.

Anyway, is anyone still working on this? or interested, even?
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
"red = changed"
kujinR
Poster
Poster

Post by mRmasteRful on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:28 am
([msg=43121]see Re: Skype groups?[/msg])

I hope these ideas go somewhere I would love to be able to listen in and learn something from HTS members. I prefer ventrillo over skype as It doesnt kill my bandwidth as much but vent tends to lag sometimes which is annoying when you playing video games over the internet and need to hear your team. I vote for ventrillo because its more practical for this type of venture and nobody is going to have to hear/understand my accent.
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:12 am
([msg=47773]see Re: Skype groups?[/msg])

Bump for hope that this happens.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by kujinR on Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:54 am
([msg=47782]see Re: Skype groups?[/msg])

centip3de wrote:Bump for hope that this happens.

This actually did happen. And then it stopped.
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
"red = changed"
kujinR
Poster
Poster

Post by sanddbox on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:04 am
([msg=47794]see Re: Skype groups?[/msg])

kujinR wrote:
centip3de wrote:Bump for hope that this happens.

This actually did happen. And then it stopped.

Lectures certainly have not stopped - I believe we have an introduction to networking coming up in a few days.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Comments & Suggestions