HackThisSite Wishlist

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Choose up to 3

Newbie filtering systems (must pass basic challenges to get to login/register screens, etc)
16%
More Realistic challenges
20%
Even more Application challenges
3%
More _______ challenges
12%
HTS Complete Open Source (Including missions, etc)
16%
Anonymous feedback system (Leave comments about staff members)
6%
Email verification for registration
3%
Code database
16%
Remove points from missions
3%
More skins
5%

Total votes : 172

Re: HackThisSite Wishlist

Post by Crunchbite on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:17 pm
([msg=44236]see Re: HackThisSite Wishlist[/msg])

I voted for more missions because it is always great to have more options.

Open-source: because the community might suprise you with what it can accomplish.

Code database: because it would make it is always nice to have code to read through.
"I will teach you the way of the open keyboard, young one...I have helped many pupils achieve zen...and for only SEVEN easy payments of $19.99, I can give you FREE hacking lessons!" -sanddbox
Crunchbite
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by sanddbox on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:43 pm
([msg=44237]see Re: HackThisSite Wishlist[/msg])

Crunchbite wrote:I voted for more missions because it is always great to have more options.

Open-source: because the community might suprise you with what it can accomplish.

Code database: because it would make it is always nice to have code to read through.

My opinions on these suggestions:

Regarding missions: We already have enough missions...although some new categories, as described in the most recent front page news post, would be nice.

Regarding open-sauce: The code is already openly viewable, and anyone can become a developer. I'm pretty sure HTSv5 will be using a git repository, so anyone will be able to push their own version. In another words, this idea is going to be implemented.

Regarding a code database: I like the idea, although obviously HTS challenge solutions (like the programming missions) should not be published.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Goatboy on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:24 pm
([msg=44239]see Re: HackThisSite Wishlist[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:Regarding a code database: I like the idea, although obviously HTS challenge solutions (like the programming missions) should not be published.

Until you complete them. You learn a lot by completing the missions, but think about how much you would know by seeing it in its entirety. I think releasing source to those who complete a mission would be great.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by mojo1948 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:32 pm
([msg=44241]see Re: HackThisSite Wishlist[/msg])

Newbie filter, anything that can reduce the "How do U hack _____(fill in the blank)" posts is great.

More challenges, the more you do the more you learn.

Code database, great idea, HTS mission code should only be viewable after completing the mission. There's usually more than one way to solve a challenge, it would be great to see different approaches.
Never stop learning.
mojo1948
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by XORMeBaby on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:23 pm
([msg=44243]see Re: HackThisSite Wishlist[/msg])

I would like to see a community projects page. Voteable so we can filter the n00b ones to the bottom.

And also to FIX THE GODDAMN FORUM and login system.
XORMeBaby
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Chazaq on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:04 pm
([msg=44246]see Re: HackThisSite Wishlist[/msg])

Noob Filtering: being new myself I can agree with this one...although on the flip side of this I would say that perhaps the new folks shouldn't be ridiculed and put down as much as they are. I know there are the actual idiots who come here asking for the dumbest of things. There are those who are genuinely here to learn something and may make a mistake and don't deserve to get slammed for it. It happens, no one here started knowing everything and a site that has a banner saying Training for the Hacker Underground should perhaps be a little more receptive to new folks.

More realistic missions: Although I have a ton of missions to finish, I like them and think the more the merrier.

Code database: There is a lot of info here...I'd like to see what people can come up with. Maybe in group projects similar. Perhaps working together on things rather than flame each other could be a more productive approach.

Just my opinions as a new person.
Chazaq
New User
New User

Post by Monica on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:39 am
([msg=44720]see Re: HackThisSite Wishlist[/msg])

Please keep this thread going. We have plans for HTS!
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:55 am
([msg=44721]see Re: HackThisSite Wishlist[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:
sanddbox wrote:Regarding a code database: I like the idea, although obviously HTS challenge solutions (like the programming missions) should not be published.

Until you complete them. You learn a lot by completing the missions, but think about how much you would know by seeing it in its entirety. I think releasing source to those who complete a mission would be great.

Not the source of the missions, the source of solutions to programming missions.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by goluhaque on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:28 am
([msg=44725]see Re: HackThisSite Wishlist[/msg])

I believe it would be cool if we could see the php files of hts(without the username and password and all that secret shit which shouldn't be viewed by us), and more realistic challenges are definitely a plus.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by PinkFloyd22 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:49 pm
([msg=44741]see Re: HackThisSite Wishlist[/msg])

goluhaque wrote:I believe it would be cool if we could see the php files of hts(without the username and password and all that secret shit which shouldn't be viewed by us), and more realistic challenges are definitely a plus.

Well yeah you are kinda right.I voted for realistic missions(every1 loves realistic missions :D),code database(I think it seems very cool) and HTS open source would be good.
^_^
PinkFloyd22
Experienced User
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to Comments & Suggestions