iPhone and Android HTS Application

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

iPhone and Android HTS Application

Post by SKeR Hacking on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:19 pm
([msg=80123]see iPhone and Android HTS Application[/msg])

Reccomendation.
SKeR Hacking
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: iPhone and Android HTS Application

Post by centip3de on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:02 pm
([msg=80127]see Re: iPhone and Android HTS Application[/msg])

SKeR Hacking wrote:Reccomendation.

Thanks for the suggestion, however it's been recommended plenty of times in the past. Currently HTS is going through some pretty staggering backend and front-end changes, so it really wouldn't be all that practical or viable to produce a mobile application concurrently. It's definitely in the plans for the future, though.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Thirst_4_Knowledge on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:54 pm
([msg=83191]see Re: iPhone and Android HTS Application[/msg])

Don't know much, just asking out of curiosity, but how would one go about making an app for HTS with the missions that to the best of my knowledge (which isn't really much) requires messing with the source code and JS or would that part be skipped completely?
Just my 2 cent.
Thirst_4_Knowledge
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:08 am
([msg=83200]see Re: iPhone and Android HTS Application[/msg])

Well, theoretically you could create a code framework or work like a tutorial. I think this suggestion died a few months ago, so this could be seen as a necro.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by Thirst_4_Knowledge on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:17 am
([msg=83230]see Re: iPhone and Android HTS Application[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:Well, theoretically you could create a code framework or work like a tutorial. I think this suggestion died a few months ago, so this could be seen as a necro.

:oops: Didn't know.
If the idea died, Ignore my post, lock the thread and move on. Because raising a necro thread was not my intention.
Thirst_4_Knowledge
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:43 pm
([msg=83239]see Re: iPhone and Android HTS Application[/msg])

Easiest to avoid that: check last post and check last login of OP. Both will get you an indication of whether replying could be beneficial to anyone. Then there are threads that are designed to be forever necro'ed because of the type of information. It's a gray area :)
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by pretentious on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:22 pm
([msg=83267]see Re: iPhone and Android HTS Application[/msg])

Before the thread is again left to die, I just want to add that I still plan to do this :lol:
I'm taking a mobile dev class this semester as I planned in an earlier post I made about this topic and will look into the practicality of implementing the forums on a mobile client. Missions are likely off limits though.
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cyberdrain on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 pm
([msg=83268]see Re: iPhone and Android HTS Application[/msg])

I just thought of something, why not create mobile-specific missions? It could be like phonephreaking, but different. There might be some things that only mobile phones can do that can be fun to hack... :D
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by pretentious on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:48 pm
([msg=83272]see Re: iPhone and Android HTS Application[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:I just thought of something, why not create mobile-specific missions? It could be like phonephreaking, but different. There might be some things that only mobile phones can do that can be fun to hack... :D

Do you mean users exploiting their own devices? or using phones to exploit remote servers?
I've pretty much gathered that mobile devices are thin clients for all intents and purposes. There isn't really anything that a mobile can do that a normal computer can't.
For the former. I havn't done any research into mobile vulnerabilities. We could probably do things like spoof geolocation stuff like semi reverse engineer applications. I have a feeling that beyond messing with the API, there isn't a huge amount to do

-- Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:52 pm --

Speaking of geolocation hacking... Boom http://stumay.net/projects/geolocation_mission/ spoof your location as the north pole. I havn't tried to complete this though, I have no idea how hard it is.
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:38 am
([msg=83285]see Re: iPhone and Android HTS Application[/msg])

I know that using stronger GPS pings you can move someones signal without them being able to stop it, once you get far away. You'd need to block the signal of the false GPS to prevent that from happening. And in regards to the differences: a cellphone has a gyroscope which can be used to get key presses, GPS (spoofing), Bluetooth (wireless hacking, not all desktops have that), a camera (don't know how that could be useful). I would agree it's not easy to develop something fun from it, but it might be possible.
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Return to Comments & Suggestions