Thoughts on Weekly Updates?

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Thoughts on Weekly Updates?

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:41 am
([msg=79296]see Thoughts on Weekly Updates?[/msg])

Sup wankers.

Here is a link to the latest weekly update: https://www.hackthissite.org/news/view/676

What do you guys want to see there? Obviously progress and new code is the goal, but seeing as larger updates take a couple to few weeks we may not always be able to give you something new and shiny each week.

What do you all want to see more of? What would you like to see less of?

LET US KNOW (post your thoughts here)
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Thoughts on Weekly Updates?

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:02 am
([msg=79297]see Re: Thoughts on Weekly Updates?[/msg])

Maybe some pushes trying to get the users from the main side of hackthissite to come over to the forums and IRC and be more social. Try to communicate to the users about how to be interactive with other members and get involved.
From the amount of useless pm's I get from the main side of hts to the little comments, I have a feeling some members don't even realize the social aspect of this community. Maybe something like a banner, except promoting people to get interactive? Also throwing in a link to user submitted challenges from the forums would be cool, and gives incentive for users looking for other challenges (that don't now about this already) as well.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by centip3de on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:30 pm
([msg=79304]see Re: Thoughts on Weekly Updates?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Sup wankers.

Here is a link to the latest weekly update: https://www.hackthissite.org/news/view/676

What do you guys want to see there? Obviously progress and new code is the goal, but seeing as larger updates take a couple to few weeks we may not always be able to give you something new and shiny each week.

What do you all want to see more of? What would you like to see less of?

LET US KNOW (post your thoughts here)

Hookers and blow. We want hookers and blow.

But seriously, I'm pretty happy just knowing what's going on in HTS internally. Knowing that there isn't much of an update this week, because Kage has been... well, Kage. Or that there's been a ton of work this week because everyone has been pulling double over time, or that you're giving everyone hookers and blow. As long as you're keeping the community in the loop with the activity behind the scenes, I think it's just fine.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:21 pm
([msg=79306]see Re: Thoughts on Weekly Updates?[/msg])

Ninjex, good idea. I'll make sure to try and throw in community updates as well as purely dev. updates.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by limdis on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:41 pm
([msg=79313]see Re: Thoughts on Weekly Updates?[/msg])

lulz and Cent

But really, keep them coming. It's nice seeing the dev/admin side pushing something, even a little, than not seeing anything at all.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by e3cb on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:13 pm
([msg=79332]see Re: Thoughts on Weekly Updates?[/msg])

fas. :oops:
<3 FF E4 <3
Do you even asm bruh?
e3cb
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:19 pm
([msg=79334]see Re: Thoughts on Weekly Updates?[/msg])

e3cb wrote:fas. :oops:

wut
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by e3cb on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:11 am
([msg=79341]see Re: Thoughts on Weekly Updates?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:
e3cb wrote:fas. :oops:

wut

wat
<3 FF E4 <3
Do you even asm bruh?
e3cb
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by pretentious on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:49 am
([msg=79343]see Re: Thoughts on Weekly Updates?[/msg])

centip3de wrote:Hookers and blow. We want hookers and blow.
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Skyfa11 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:00 am
([msg=79345]see Re: Thoughts on Weekly Updates?[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:Maybe some pushes trying to get the users from the main side of hackthissite to come over to the forums and IRC and be more social. Try to communicate to the users about how to be interactive with other members and get involved.
From the amount of useless pm's I get from the main side of hts to the little comments, I have a feeling some members don't even realize the social aspect of this community. Maybe something like a banner, except promoting people to get interactive? Also throwing in a link to user submitted challenges from the forums would be cool, and gives incentive for users looking for other challenges (that don't now about this already) as well.

I think we should make that banner but link it to a refreshed Nzone, with a user challenge subthread so they can train each other, and a information subthread full of sticky's on what they need to know. then they can, also contribute to the info
Skyfa11
New User
New User

Return to Comments & Suggestions