Tutorials

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Tutorials

Post by Just Mid Please on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:58 pm
([msg=78260]see Tutorials[/msg])

Hello. I'm pretty new here. I've come across this site a few times throughout my years but this is the first time I've created an account on here.

I believe it would be a great idea to implement some sort of easy to understand tutorial for noobs like me. From my point of view, half the stuff on this site is almost a different language. While it may seem as basic and obvious to most of you guys, it's the exact opposite for me. I find myself reading articles for hours without knowing as to what or why I am reading them because I'm stupid af (even though they are intriguing to say the least).

Although brief, I really enjoyed that beginner guide that you linked. It was finally something that I could just read and fully comprehend for the most part. I think a collaborative Google Doc would be an awesome tool for newcomers who really want to learn everything they can about computers. I know I'm new and I basically have no leverage or worthwhile opinion, but I'm all for this idea. :D

Oh and I'm not talking about a tutorial that just tells you steps to complete a task. I want to learn how and why doing a gives me b results. I also would think it would give us some sort of direction to go. Such as what language should you take and why. Because I am not good with this stuff and I am having hard time taking that first step >.<'

Please make a new topic next time, instead of getting a different one off topic. ~Cent

-- Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:23 am --

I was agreeing and adding to his original post where he even asked if people were down to do this. Thanks? Don't see how this could be its own topic..
Just Mid Please
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Tutorials

Post by -Unicod3- on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:16 pm
([msg=78320]see Re: Tutorials[/msg])

A good habit to get into is when ever you encounter a word or acronym, look it up in a dictionary or Google it. Not only will it help you understand what you are reading. You many also get sidetracked and learn something really cool that interests you.
Little by little, one travels far” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
-Unicod3-
New User
New User

Re: Tutorials

Post by Goatboy on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:53 pm
([msg=78336]see Re: Tutorials[/msg])

There are tons of tutorials written out there for every topic under, around, on top of, and inside of the sun. Re-inventing the wheel doesn't really help much. My suggestion is to read, practice, and repeat until it makes sense. We already tell you what sort of things you need to study for most of the missions (except iirc the realistic) and hacking really is about finding solutions to problems in creative ways, so offering a tutorial in addition to what we have already is counter-productive.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Return to Comments & Suggestions