Your not teaching anything

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Your not teaching anything

Post by Coltster197 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:39 pm
([msg=71981]see Your not teaching anything[/msg])

I have looked everywhere but were the answers are to the "basic test 1", all you see on the "Source" is a bunch of adds, And your official way of trying to tech it is by saying to go to: http://www.w3schools.com/HTML/ when all it shows is how to read it and write it very basically, Not how to find 3 words in an mountain of adds HTML's.
I just found the pass by posting it in this topic post and scrolling through it again,
You are supposed to teach us. Not tell us to look at a site that shows how to read it then give us a blank page and expect us to know what to do.

Since I have read over a few of the forums I know how to look for it, (you expect us to know everything after directing us to a site that shows very basic writing and reading functions.)

-I think you could do better like, explaining it.-

------------------------------------------------------------------------- 46 min. ltr

I thought learning how to do this would be fun and interactive. All you do is direct us to the site:http://www.w3schools.com
which only tells how to read and write basic things. You're sites files are not ordered or organized in any fashion.
There are not interesting videos were someone talks you through the steps, there's just mountains of words that are useless because you get lot in all of them so it becomes boring, YOU obviously don't know how to teach squat to people who are trying to learn something new.

I expect this post/thread to be: edited, removed, showcased, modified, deleted, misinterpreted, or ignored. with-in the next 2-3 days.

[have fun doing nothing and wasting peoples lives ;)]

[So you're not disappointed, I'm taking the opportunity to modify this post. --tgoe]
Coltster197
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Your not teaching anything

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:41 am
([msg=71986]see Re: Your not teaching anything[/msg])

The goal of basic 1 is to teach people how to "READ" a pages source code. And if there is a mountain of adds you should learn to search for specific key words faster than reading the source like a book.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by -Ninjex- on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:51 am
([msg=71987]see Re: Your not teaching anything[/msg])

Coltster197 wrote:I have looked everywhere but were the answers are to the "basic test 1", all you see on the "Source" is a bunch of adds, And your official way of trying to tech it is by saying to go to: http://www.w3schools.com/HTML/ when all it shows is how to read it and write it very basically, Not how to find 3 words in an mountain of adds HTML's.

Firstly, ads*.
Secondly, we expect people to learn on their own, we do not spoon feed babies here. If we did, we would be showing, not teaching. If you want to become a better hacker or even consider calling yourself one, you need to learn that you have to understand how things work. You need to take the steps in order to want to learn. Coming into the forums and speaking blasphemous things about how hts should teach is ridiculous. This site has been around long enough, and is a great learning experience for anyone who wants to learn and not be fed by the nipple. If you are still confused, look at the quote on my signature.

Coltster197 wrote:I just found the pass by posting it in this topic post and scrolling through it again,
You are supposed to teach us. Not tell us to look at a site that shows how to read it then give us a blank page and expect us to know what to do.

Congratz on finding the answer. Now to move on, no we are not supposed to "teach you" Hts is here for you to learn how to hack on your own. There are missions, and forums to help when you are stuck, but other than that, use google and actually learn something and not expect someone to just tell you. This is what is refered to as a skiddie and no one wants to be a skid kid.

Coltster197 wrote:Since I have read over a few of the forums I know how to look for it, (you expect us to know everything after directing us to a site that shows very basic writing and reading functions.)

-I think you could do better like, explaining it.-

------------------------------------------------------------------------- 46 min. ltr

I thought learning how to do this would be fun and interactive. All you do is direct us to the site:http://www.w3schools.com
which only tells how to read and write basic things. You're sites files are not ordered or organized in any fashion.
There are not interesting videos were someone talks you through the steps, there's just mountains of words that are useless because you get lot in all of them so it becomes boring, YOU obviously don't know how to teach squat to people who are trying to learn something new.

Hacking can be fun, but it also takes time, patience, and commitment. All Hts does is direct you to the building blocks of how "you" need to learn how to take the knowledge you gained and find your answer on your own. You can not be reliant on anyone in this world and well if you are going to trust another actual "hacker" and not a "skid" on a site, then I am afraid you may never learn.
I don't say this much, but I hope you become more wise and can learn from this post.
Once agian, congratz on your first mission and best of luck in your future missions.
Forums are always here for mission help!
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by centip3de on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 am
([msg=71990]see Re: Your not teaching anything[/msg])

Hacking in-and-of-itself is not a very flashy topic. There are no buzzers that go off when you successfully hack something, and no pat on the back. If you can't live with that, then maybe this is the wrong subject for you; and if that's just your learning style, then make a game out of it for yourself. We're not, nor have we ever, told people that we'll spoon-feed them everything that they're too lazy to do themselves. Instead, we'll give them an opportunity to test out what they have learned, in order to help them see what hacking something is like in the real world. It seems that rather you are the one who misinterpreted what the site is for, instead of us failing at the sites purpose.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to Comments & Suggestions