HTS: Terms Of Service

The Terms of Service and some additional standards which are not actual rules. Reading and following these will make everyone's site experience more enjoyable.

HTS: Terms Of Service

Post by comperr on Fri May 02, 2008 5:14 pm
([msg=1942]see HTS: Terms Of Service[/msg])

By registering, or reading any content on this site, I agree to abide by the Terms of Service, and other guidelines on this website. My continued use of the website implies my acceptance of these Terms of Service and Guidelines.

(1) By accepting this agreement, I certify the following:
(a) I have attained the legal age of majority in my jurisdiction OR
(b) I am below the age of majority, but I have obtained the necessary permission in my jurisdiction

(2) I understand the customs, standards,and laws of the jurisdiction in which I reside, as well as the site and computer to which I am transporting this material, and I am solely responsible for my actions.

(3) If I use this site in violation of this agreement, I understand I may be in violation of local and/or federal laws.

(4) By reading any content on this site, I release and discharge HackThisSite, its Agents, its staff, and all affiliated parties from any and all liability which might arise from any use even if HackThisSite has been notified of such damage.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL HackThisSite BE LIABLE TO ME ON ACCOUNT OF MY OR ANYONE ELSE'S USE OR MISUSE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE HackThisSite site. ARISING FROM ANY CLAIM RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO PREVENT RECOVERY OF DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF HackThisSite HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF AND RELIANCE ON THE HackThisSite site, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE HackThisSite site, OR FROM THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, OR TERMINATION OF THE HackThisSite site (INCLUDING SUCH DAMAGES INCURRED BY THIRD PARTIES). THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER site OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE HackThisSite site OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN THE HackThisSite site, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE HackThisSite site OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN THE HackThisSite site. THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR site, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL FURTHER APPLY WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THE HackThisSite site OR ANY INFORMATION OR MERCHANDISE THAT APPEARS ON, OR IS LINKED OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO, THE HackThisSite site. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.

Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances shall HackThisSite be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, Internet failures, equipment failures of any kind, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning.

(5) I understand the dangers associated with sharing my personally identifiable information, including my full name, telephone number, or address over the internet. I agree not to share such information with other users. In the event that I do share such information, I do so at my own risk and hold HackThisSite harmless and without any liability.

(6) I will use HackThisSite for the purpose of reading the content under the terms and conditions of this Agreement. I warrant that I am not registering for, and will not access, read, copy or otherwise reproduce, transmit or communicate any portion of HackThisSite for other purposes, including, but not limited to, establishing my own forum or website.

(7) I agree that HackThisSite , its Owners and Agents do not hold themselves out to have any kind of expert or professional training or knowledge in connection with HackThisSite and make no warranties of fitness or quality of the content of any writings emails, statements, private messages or other communications. By accepting the terms of this Agreement, I agree to indemnify HackThisSite its Agents, from any claim in negligence (or any other tort), contract or action under state or federal legislation for loss to myself, any company that I am employed by or act as an agent for, and/or any other injury or loss that I may claim to have been caused by using HackThisSite or from relying on advice from this site or received via email, post and/or by any other means.

(8) The contents of the Web Site pages, including, but not limited to text, graphics, and icons, are copyrighted materials owned, controlled, or licensed by HackThisSite and may contain HackThisSite 's name, trademarks, service marks, and trade names. I understand that I may download these materials for PERSONAL use only. No other permission is granted to me to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify these materials.

(9) I agree that my access and use of HackThisSite is subject to the terms of this Agreement AND the sole discretion of the of the HackThisSite staff. I agree that my membership and use of HackThisSite is AT-WILL, and that my membership may be terminated at any time and for any reason by the HackThisSite staff. I agree to abide by all decisions of HackThisSite regarding my use, access and membership on the Web Site, including restriction, changes or revocation of my membership.

(10) I agree that if my membership is permanently revoked for any or no reason, I will not make any attempt to obtain access to this site. I agree that violation of this provision will be considered and construed as illegal computer cracking, conversion and misappropriation of electronic resources, and that I will be strictly liable for any time lost by HackThisSite in connection with my violation of this provision.

(11) HackThisSite 's site are made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not use HackThisSite to sell a product or service, or to increase traffic to your Web site, including but not limited to advertising sales without express approval from HackThisSite 's authorized agents.

(12)HackThisSite may modify or terminate our site at any time, for any reason and without notice, including the right to terminate service without notice, without liability to you, any other user or any third party. HackThisSite reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time without notice.

(13) (a) These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or my actual state or country of residence. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Terms of Service to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.

(b) In the event of any action arising as a result of these terms HackThisSite shall have full authority to choose the location and times of the proceedings without regard to the wishes of the other party. This choice shall extend to actual location of the court room WITHOUT OVERRIDING the governing laws. No matter where the actual proceedings take place the laws shall still follow those of (13)(a)

(14)If I have any conflict with HackThisSite I agree to:
(a)First contact HackThisSite to see if the conflict can be resolved without third parties
(b)use binding arbitration according to the terms of the American Binding Arbitration Association
(c)pay for the arbitration myself

(15)If any dispute arises over the intent or meaning of these terms the final understanding of these terms shall rest with HackThisSite.

(16)The text of these agreements are copyrighted and may not be copied, reproduced, reused, or modified in any way or be used for any other purpose.

[i]permission to use these terms has been granted by the copyright holder [/i]
[i]some of these terms are in the public domain, please contact the copyright holder of the entire terms of service before using these terms[/i]
[i] Version 1.4 [/i]

Any questions can be addressed in the comments section or asked to Monica directly.
comperr
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Official Terms of Service

Post by comperr on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:23 pm
([msg=4639]see Re: Official Terms of Service[/msg])

the terms of service have been updated.
comperr
Poster
Poster

Post by comperr on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:43 pm
([msg=10601]see Re: Official Terms of Service[/msg])

The terms of service have been updated again:
Brief description of changes
1) The limit to two copies of HTS has been removed
2) The language regarding the updating of the terms of service has been changed ("from time to time" to "at any time")
comperr
Poster
Poster

Post by comperr on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:31 pm
([msg=15712]see Re: Official Terms of Service[/msg])

Minor language changes to better reflect the intent of #15.

Minor change to the ToS removing an unneeded line.
comperr
Poster
Poster

Post by comperr on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:47 pm
([msg=16072]see Re: Official Terms of Service[/msg])

"or its agents" removed as duplicate language.
comperr
Poster
Poster

Post by comperr on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:55 pm
([msg=16375]see Re: Official Terms of Service[/msg])

Removed 1(c) as it has no use.
comperr
Poster
Poster

Re: HTS: Terms Of Service

Post by Monica on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:12 am
([msg=45497]see Re: HTS: Terms Of Service[/msg])

Updated 7.) and 12.) for grammatical errors
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Terms of Service & Additional Information