Ideas anyone?!

The Terms of Service and some additional standards which are not actual rules. Reading and following these will make everyone's site experience more enjoyable.

lolwut?

Post by ghost_xD on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:38 am
([msg=76615]see lolwut?[/msg])

You guys have a quick-login on the site (not forum), but when you log-in it says u didn't get the captcha right o_O how come if the captcha only shows after you fail log-in?
ghost_xD
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: lolwut?

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:47 am
([msg=76617]see Re: lolwut?[/msg])

ghost_xD wrote:You guys have a quick-login on the site (not forum), but when you log-in it says u didn't get the captcha right o_O how come if the captcha only shows after you fail log-in?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying here.

Basically, if you attempt to login and you don't get the correct username and password with the first try, you will have to answer to a captcha. This helps with security. It will block people from using tools to attempt to login as someone thousands, if not millions of times with different passwords.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by ghost_xD on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:04 am
([msg=76619]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

i`m such a troll. you`re right, i got my browser to memorize wrong pw. another suggestion (hopefully not bad): fix the damn forum auto-login (or in this case, create one). after i log into my account and click on the forum post, it makes me choose every time my local time and tells me to register, so i have to click the login button in the up-right corner. can`t u make the login on the forum automated?
ghost_xD
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:18 am
([msg=76620]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

ghost_xD wrote:i`m such a troll. you`re right, i got my browser to memorize wrong pw. another suggestion (hopefully not bad): fix the damn forum auto-login (or in this case, create one). after i log into my account and click on the forum post, it makes me choose every time my local time and tells me to register, so i have to click the login button in the up-right corner. can`t u make the login on the forum automated?

I'm not part of the dev team, but I believe this forum is a bit separate from the rest of hts. This forum needs to issue a unique session ID to the user, and it's powered by phpBB, so I am assuming it's some source compiled and ran on the server that takes care of all that. To be short, I believe you have to click to login, once you do, it checks if you are logged into the main hts page with a valid session, etc, if that passes, it will log you into the forum with your unique session id and username here.

However, I could be wrong about all of this.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by ghost_xD on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:42 am
([msg=76621]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

instead of click-to-login, an autologin script can be made when u enter the forum, if logged to the main site. p.s.: yes, phpbb is practically another website interconnected with the main website
ghost_xD
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:47 am
([msg=76622]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

I think the dev team needs to work out the bugs in general first. Things like allowing the signatures to allow pictures again would be nice.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by ghost_xD on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:03 am
([msg=76623]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

maybe i`ll help with that, in the near future. no promises, though. currently, i`m releasing a "js / php / token - all in one form validation" class. maybe ppl will like it. i`ll post it here first, ppl are active. cheers!
ghost_xD
New User
New User

Post by v4ry5 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:20 pm
([msg=76633]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

I wouldn't mind the option to choose alternate forum themes. :geek:

If an overhaul was being considered, I'd also like to put in a vote for vbulletin. I guess this raises some questions about security since twoplustwo was hacked last year and then the ubuntu forums more recently, but perhaps that just means there's more value in showing that it can be implemented securely.
v4ry5
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:58 pm
([msg=76634]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

There was a post a while back taking user votes for a new forum board. Just use the search function, you might be able to find it...
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by mShred on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:26 am
([msg=76640]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

ghost_xD wrote:can`t u make the login on the forum automated?

In short, yes. But with the setup that we currently have, it'd be tedious. The phpbb forums have been tweaked to work with HTS and as anyone can imagine, tweaking brings problems/bugs.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Terms of Service & Additional Information