Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

FAP is company that slaughters animals and turns their skin into overpriced products which are then sold to rich bastards! Help animal rights activists increase political awareness by hacking their mailing list.

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by v4ry5 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:13 am
([msg=76639]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

AbeneXY0 wrote:Pls all i need is a short and to the point answer to why when i inject the sql code i get the broken image if i know why i think i will solve the challenge easily.
PM me.thx in advance

It's kind of answered itt already but the way you word your q I'm not so sure you have the proper injection yet.

Skyfa11 wrote:I finished the mission but I need to know does *, act as a spacer between the 2 tables all is something else at work?

Standard wildcard afaik. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the q?
v4ry5
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Skyfa11 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:09 pm
([msg=76651]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Skyfa11 wrote:I finished the mission but I need to know does *, act as a spacer between the 2 tables all is something else at work?

ok so what is *, doing?
Skyfa11
New User
New User

Post by Miryafa on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:31 pm
([msg=76802]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Have the pages for this mission been hacked, or do they intentionally say "A big hairy fur coat that is made of fuzzy cute animals that we mercilessly slaughtered" with a phone number of "1-800-555-KILL"?
Miryafa
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:09 pm
([msg=76803]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

It's a joke. They were that way originally.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Miryafa on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:12 am
([msg=76805]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

haha at the joke then.

Skyfa11 wrote:

ok so what is *, doing?

* means all columns, according to w3schools.

I think the comments about needing to know what * means were misleading, although I admit I'm still trying to figure out what happened myself. It makes no sense to me that u********* works, but where <stuff> apparently doesn't, possibly because I can't guess the column name, but I dunno. I guess the fact that I can't figure out the column name is a hint that I don't need it.

Also, for anyone stuck where I was, try putting an OR in the url bar and see what happens.
Miryafa
New User
New User

Post by brownbro on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:03 am
([msg=77404]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I have the emailing list and im ready to send the message to SaveTheWhales but for some reason my private messages are locked? How do I unlock them, I want to finish this mission already. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
brownbro
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:06 am
([msg=77405]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

brownbro wrote:I have the emailing list and im ready to send the message to SaveTheWhales but for some reason my private messages are locked? How do I unlock them, I want to finish this mission already. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Use the main site message system here. The forums have their own and is only unlocked after 2 posts.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by t1mm3h on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:09 am
([msg=77843]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I have read quite a bit about the difference between the UNION and UNION ALL operators, but I still do not understand why UNION does not work for this mission. UNION only displays distinct values, UNION ALL displays everything including duplicates. But in this mission a certain column (containing the email addresses) is different for all. So why would a UNION ALL be absolutely neccessary? I don't get it..
t1mm3h
New User
New User

Post by 360turnaround on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:01 am
([msg=78100]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I had done this before a long time ago but I think I cheated a bit back then, so I'm going through and learning it. I'm not positive what I did wrong with my injection. It doesn't display the emails on the page but it does in the source. I tried moving some of the wording around but it didn't help.

Could I be missing a piece? Or do I have to clarify more on what exactly I want the server to do?

EDIT: Wow I feel dumb... just realized what I did :shock:
360turnaround
New User
New User

https://www.hackthisRe: Please ask questions ONLY in this to

Post by fede333lago on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:39 pm
([msg=78140]see https://www.hackthisRe: Please ask questions ONLY in this to[/msg])

Hi, i just finished real 4 and i have two questions about the sql statements. First, something that was asked before, why does the query work with union all but not with union? I understand that union eliminates duplicated results but in this case all the rows on the tables are different. They sould be correctly displayed. And the second question is, when i inject code such as this one

https://www.hackthissite.org/missions/r ... category=1 union all select 1,2,3,4 from products

i see the normal category 1 query and below 6 similar results with a picture and the numbers 2 and 3. For what i've read, the output should be the digits i entered in every row, (1 2 3 4), why are there pictures being displayed?
fede333lago
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 4) Fischer's Animal Products