The Hacker's Underground Handbook

Discussion about particular books go here.
Forum rules
Please make title book name & author.
Books about computers or hacking get stickied

Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook

Post by dethdude335 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:05 pm
([msg=49987]see Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook[/msg])

msbachman wrote:Pertinent if you want to read it.

It's a very long time since I read that; I can't remember specifics.

thanks for the dowload
but everyone can we stay on topic please? good or bad for beginners? why?
dethdude335
New User
New User
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 7:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook

Post by mShred on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 pm
([msg=49989]see Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook[/msg])

dethdude335 wrote:but everyone can we stay on topic please? good or bad for beginners? why?

If you've already downloaded it, why don't you try reading it? If you can understand it pretty well then it's pretty good for beginners. If it's too much for you to handle right now, then try finding a different book.
Image

For those about to rock.
User avatar
mShred
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)


Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook

Post by msbachman on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:47 pm
([msg=49990]see Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook[/msg])

dethdude335 wrote:but everyone can we stay on topic please? good or bad for beginners? why?


Well, anything is better than nothing for a beginner. I'd rather you read that than do nothing at all, betterment of skills-wise.

The book cheats in giving you solutions to things you didn't even know were problems; you're jumping straight to running premade code. In doing so, you hardly know anything at all. On the one hand, if this works for your ends, fine, do it.

On the other, if you want to know what you're doing and why, and be a better hacker and more knowledgeable person because of it:

1. You can find some good ebooks on the subject here
2. Googling such as "hacking textfiles" can bring up some elucidating reads.
3. Doing the challenges on this site taught me tons. And reading around on the forums. you could probably make a weekend of reading mod//dev posts and learn quite a bit from it.


Oh yeah, and your topic's been hacked. It's about hackforums.net now. :lol:
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
User avatar
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:22 pm
Location: In the sky lol
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook

Post by sanddbox on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:51 pm
([msg=50013]see Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook[/msg])

Read the book if you want, but understand that it's shit and will teach you nothing.
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook

Post by msbachman on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:55 am
([msg=50029]see Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook[/msg])

Back on topic (hackforums), I got my first response to my bait topic.

As follows:

ok first of all its "linux" script kiddie and second of all you can't hack with linux, go find the best viruses and rats and show me how many of them work on linux you fucking skiddie.

however i will still help you because i feel kind...

you need to "rm -f C:/Windows/System32"


Pro.

-- Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:28 am --

Lol, a forum 'noob' answered the question. My bait topic failed. Pretty funny to read his response, however.

I guess that he hasn't been dumbed down (yet).

I'll give that guy a B; the whole rest of the forum, afaic, still fails. Lol, and they never figured out that the 'keyword' should have thrown up red flags all over the place.
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
User avatar
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:22 pm
Location: In the sky lol
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook

Post by dethdude335 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:57 pm
([msg=50399]see Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook[/msg])

msbachman wrote:Well, anything is better than nothing for a beginner. I'd rather you read that than do nothing at all, betterment of skills-wise.

The book cheats in giving you solutions to things you didn't even know were problems; you're jumping straight to running premade code. In doing so, you hardly know anything at all. On the one hand, if this works for your ends, fine, do it.

On the other, if you want to know what you're doing and why, and be a better hacker and more knowledgeable person because of it:

1. You can find some good ebooks on the subject here
2. Googling such as "hacking textfiles" can bring up some elucidating reads.
3. Doing the challenges on this site taught me tons. And reading around on the forums. you could probably make a weekend of reading mod//dev posts and learn quite a bit from it.


Oh yeah, and your topic's been hacked. It's about hackforums.net now. :lol:



Thank you

sanddbox wrote:Read the book if you want, but understand that it's shit and will teach you nothing


I see
msbachman wrote:Back on topic (hackforums),...

hahah
dethdude335
New User
New User
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 7:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook

Post by Jake-X on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:22 am
([msg=50568]see Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook[/msg])

Wow, I'm so glad I read this before downloading the thing. I get so sucked into stuff like this. I always fall for the great reviews. I guess that's something I'm going to have to chance if I'm going to be a hacker ^^
User avatar
Jake-X
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook

Post by Monta on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:21 am
([msg=53393]see Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook[/msg])

Hi, I have road this book, and i found it really helpfull..
yes! still i can't find a good exploits' website like Milw0rm.com or better.
however i have to read more books about hacking to be a well Red Hackers Member.
Monta
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:15 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook

Post by Default3d on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:44 pm
([msg=53400]see Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook[/msg])

Monta wrote:Hi, I have road this book, and i found it really helpfull..
yes! still i can't find a good exploits' website like Milw0rm.com or better.
however i have to read more books about hacking to be a well Red Hackers Member.


Wtf am I reading?
User avatar
Default3d
New User
New User
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:52 pm
Location: The kitchen.
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook

Post by terencemckenna on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:23 pm
([msg=53403]see Re: The Hacker's Underground Handbook[/msg])

http://www.elite-hackers.com/ This site will teach you loads please check it out. The guys at HTS really don't want you to know about this site cause this is where they learnt all their l33t hax0r tr1xX. You will find very up to date information here is an example from the FAQ section.
Q: What is this Linux/UNIX thing all about?
A: There is a reason that I don't cover Linux or UNIX in my writings. That being because NOBODY USES IT! Linux and Unix came along after Apple, which followed Windows. I have reason to believe that UNIX and Linux stole code from these two great OS's to produce what they have now -- which isn't much. Most of the time running Linux and UNIX is spent in what they call a shell, like DOS. This makes a hacker's job extremely boring and difficult. Stick to the original pros, Microsoft and Apple know what they are doing.


The section on viruses is great I couldn't stop reading it. What an inspiration. This guy totally converted me to using Notepad the "The Internet's most versatile HTML editor". I mean, can your text editor do this?
terencemckenna
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Books

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests