The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson

Discussion about particular books go here.
Forum rules
Please make title book name & author.
Books about computers or hacking get stickied

Re: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson

Post by limdis on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:07 pm
([msg=68804]see Re: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson[/msg])

Szayel wrote:Yeah, the feeling is mutual. IMO, the movies have no where near the detail of the books. I think reading the books first is better, because you actually get the original source of the story. Let's take the hunger games for an example. While the movie was great, it was crap compared to the book. I had to constantly explain things to people because the didn't read the book.

95% of time I would agree with you. In this case however I didn't know about the books before I heard about the movie. I picked up the first one for something to watch after work one night and was hooked and had to watch the other two. However, the Hunger Games, IMO, was garbage. Like Twilight. I read the first book for both series. But to keep from derailing the topic, I would like to check out the books.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson

Post by Szayel on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:49 pm
([msg=68808]see Re: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson[/msg])

limdis wrote:
Szayel wrote:Yeah, the feeling is mutual. IMO, the movies have no where near the detail of the books. I think reading the books first is better, because you actually get the original source of the story. Let's take the hunger games for an example. While the movie was great, it was crap compared to the book. I had to constantly explain things to people because the didn't read the book.

95% of time I would agree with you. In this case however I didn't know about the books before I heard about the movie. I picked up the first one for something to watch after work one night and was hooked and had to watch the other two. However, the Hunger Games, IMO, was garbage. Like Twilight. I read the first book for both series. But to keep from derailing the topic, I would like to check out the books.

I wish this forum had a "like" button lol. But, I abuse that way to much....
Anyway, I do agree that movies about the books can be great advertisement.
"If you cannot win the game, if you cannot solve the puzzle, then you are just another loser." (Near from Death Note)
Michael:What are you doing?
Salander:I'm reading your notes.
Michael:They're encrypted.
Salander:Please. Have some coffee.
Szayel
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Books