help

Discussion about particular books go here.
Forum rules
Please make title book name & author.
Books about computers or hacking get stickied

Re: help

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:37 pm
([msg=45455]see Re: help[/msg])

HTS Missions will help for your "White Hat" hacking longing for.

EDIT: Sandy is a whiny bitch so I fixed the typo. :twisted:
Last edited by fashizzlepop on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by sanddbox on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:55 pm
([msg=45459]see Re: help[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:HTS Missions will help for your "Whit Hat" hacking longing for.

How is babby formed?

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by alltheprettyhorses on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:46 pm
([msg=45530]see Re: help[/msg])

Hey there.

I'm not being sarcastic or derogatory here but one of the best book sets for learning to code I have found is the 'For Dummies' range. If you can look past the title of the book itself (one is never going to be necessarily attracted to a book entitled "C++ for dummies" are they?) they honestly are a great resource for someone starting on the coding learning curve. While I can only vouch for the VB and C++ versions of this range I found them both informative and helpful ( and they would be especially so for anyone who literally is starting from nothing [may not be true in your case but it is for others.] )

Hope someone finds this useful.
"So this is how liberty dies; With thunderous applause..."
alltheprettyhorses
New User
New User

Post by Microelite7711 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:15 pm
([msg=45533]see Re: help[/msg])

I'd personally say go with C++ first, but that may be biased as it's what I did :)
Here's an outline of how you may learn C++; Program the following:
1. Hello World! - Learn the basic setup of all your programs.
2. A program that takes input, a string, and prints it out to the cmd prompt - Learn how to use a variable and cin>>/cout<<.
3. Calculator - More variables, arithmetic, cin>>/cout<<...
4. Calculator2 - Be able to calculate powers and use a new library/class to make it easy.
5. Palindrome Checker - For example radar is a palindrome (spelled the same <- and ->). Be able to verify it pragmatically. Incorporate arrays, and then modify it to work with vectors.
6. Standard Deviation Calculator - Incorporate arrays/vectors. Fill the arrays/vectors with like 1000 random numbers and calculate.
7. Mortgage Calc - Because you'll program 1.2 million variations of the good ole' mortgage calculator in college.
8. Mortgage Calc - Now use classes in your code! Yay!
9. Learn polymorphism...
10. Learn Java, C#, Python - once you learn one, it's easy to pick up another by the way.

All of these programs are NOT graphical! They are going to all be using the CMD. Once you learn Java or C#, it's easy to incorporate a GUI.

Sorry for any mistakes in my writing! Laters!
Microelite7711
Experienced User
Experienced User

Previous

Return to Books