help

Discussion about particular books go here.
Forum rules
Please make title book name & author.
Books about computers or hacking get stickied

Re: help

Post by sanddbox on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:00 pm
([msg=45436]see Re: help[/msg])

tacticalliger wrote:oh one more thing. How many languages do i have to learn? like C? or C++? or python? lol

You have to learn at least 140 to be considered a 1337 h4x0r. I've already learned 196.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by tacticalliger on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:04 pm
([msg=45437]see Re: help[/msg])

how the F*** do you learn that many different languages?? are they like really easy to learn?
tacticalliger
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:06 pm
([msg=45438]see Re: help[/msg])

That's entirely up to you and what it is you want to write programs for....websites, gaming, software development,etc. You can learn as many or as few as your brain can handle although it's probably best at first to pick one and stick with it for a while.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by tacticalliger on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:11 pm
([msg=45439]see Re: help[/msg])

okay ;) ill try to learn python. and to be perfectly honest i have no idea what to do from there but ill read up on it. so after i learn a language what would you suggest then? like im not too interested in programming. its more like the love of technology. i kinda wanna be a white hat hacker.... find exploits and stuff. any suggestions on what to do next?
tacticalliger
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:24 pm
([msg=45444]see Re: help[/msg])

Have you even attempted any of the missions here?

Let's take this one step at a time. In order to write exploits, you NEED programming skills. Very good programming skills, so you will have to learn to love programming, more so than video games I would say.

Try Python and try the missions here.

Also, try posting with meaningful topic titles rather than just "help." We get SO many of those we already can size you up before we read it basically. :/

And you will NOT get a mentor if thats what you were asking.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Goatboy on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:24 pm
([msg=45445]see Re: help[/msg])

tacticalliger wrote:like im not too interested in programming. ... i kinda wanna be a white hat hacker.... find exploits and stuff.

Not gonna happen. How can you find exploits in code if you can't code?

tacticalliger wrote:any suggestions on what to do next?

Learn to code.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by tacticalliger on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:26 pm
([msg=45447]see Re: help[/msg])

okay i get it now lol and i looked at the missions and im not quite sure how to complete them. and ill take into mind everything you guys said

-- Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:26 pm --

okay i get it now lol and i looked at the missions and im not quite sure how to complete them. and ill take into mind everything you guys said
tacticalliger
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:27 pm
([msg=45448]see Re: help[/msg])

tacticalliger wrote:okay ;) ill try to learn python. and to be perfectly honest i have no idea what to do from there but ill read up on it. so after i learn a language what would you suggest then? like im not too interested in programming. its more like the love of technology. i kinda wanna be a white hat hacker.... find exploits and stuff. any suggestions on what to do next?

Start with the basic missions on HTS, then the realistic and so on. You can learn a lot here. If you get stuck on a particular mission, visit the forums and read threads on that category. Take notes on what you've done and why it worked. Find things to read and read, read, read. Find other hacking sites to try out what you've learned.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by tacticalliger on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:30 pm
([msg=45450]see Re: help[/msg])

okay sweet thanks... you guys have been RIDICULOUSLY helpful. thanks for all the advice
tacticalliger
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:34 pm
([msg=45454]see Re: help[/msg])

tacticalliger wrote:okay sweet thanks... you guys have been RIDICULOUSLY helpful. thanks for all the advice

Oh, and take a look at this article to get you started: http://www.hackthissite.org/articles/read/1059/. You will find that things in that article can help you with some of the missions.
Defience
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Books