In need of an specific book

Discussion about particular books go here.
Forum rules
Please make title book name & author.
Books about computers or hacking get stickied

In need of an specific book

Post by soccerpractice on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:02 pm
([msg=74367]see In need of an specific book[/msg])

Hello guys
Im a noob (well at least i know java and xml, its got to worth something), so i decided to start educating myself. I've already been using BT5 for a while now, i've got Backtrack5 Wireless Penetration Testing and Basics of Hacking and Penetration testing (syngress). I'm halfway on both books (reading them simultaneously) but i realize they almost explain nothing of whats happening when you use the tools depicted, and if there is any explanation of whats happening, it is very basic or shallow.
I want a book that really explains whats behind it, because by learning how to use tools made by someone else I am just a user, just like a windows user, but of tools a bit more complex ( not that they are complex, just gotta memorize commands)
any suggestion will do, if i need more base knowledge, like learning other languages first, the network (stack) structure, how protocols work or anything else, please say so it'd be greatly appreciated, and if you could throw a book suggestion on the subject too, even more grateful.
soccerpractice
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Books