IRC issues

For IRC Issues

IRC issues

Post by terminus on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:54 am
([msg=1607]see IRC issues[/msg])

There's been some serious degradation of conversations in IRC lately related to videos and pictures. I believe staff members know what I am talking about. I think that some action needs to be taken to stop these activities and conversations. I don't think that they are healthy to hackthissite and they will bring unneeded heat down upon the community as a whole in a very bad way. There are a couple of hackthissite staff members who have in the past week or so been promoting these activities and that is not helping the situation at all. Personally - I /ignore anyone who mentions anything about the topic but hackthissite staff should begin to worry about their own asses as the people who will take the heat are the staff members for supporting/allowing these topics in irc. I realize that in #help any mention of the live tv/webcam sites is supposed to qualify for a gline however the conversations are continuing and one hackthissite member posted a link in #help this morning that should have definitely received a gline for. In my opinion any violator of these rules needs to be permanently glined to protect the community. If you have questions or need further explanation contact me in private and I will provide you an e-mail address you can use for secure communications.
terminus
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: IRC issues

Post by pacifico on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:07 pm
([msg=1641]see Re: IRC issues[/msg])

I agree dude. While I am guilty in letting stuff slide and promoting even, its getting fucking out of hand dude. I've glined like 4 users in the past 2 days for posting actual disgusting stuff. There was a little girl with a little girl with a carrot dude, I did NOT want to see that.
We should have a meeting regarding revamping IRC rules or enforcing.
I'll comment more later.
pacifico
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: IRC issues

Post by TheMindRapist on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:29 pm
([msg=1647]see Re: IRC issues[/msg])

Yes, IRC has too much lulz.
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor