It's your skills, use them when we need them.
But no seriously. HackThisSite is in need of developers and moderators. So if you think you can contribute, apply now!
We're looking for active members who have the know-how. We want people who can contribute more than the average user time-wise, and information-wise. You have to be willing to adapt to HTS and keep yourself and everyone else updated on what's going on. Don't be shy! If you want to be better than everyone else by being a moderator on HackThisSite, then apply now!
We're looking for people who are already skilled, but at the same time, people who are willing to learn and adapt. As with any job as a developer, you'll have to learn the way HTS works and work with it.
* Must be willing to dedicate at least several hours per week to active development
* Must thoroughly know PHP and have recent strong experience developing in an MVC framework
* Must have strong experience writing entire website systems from scratch (eg. forums, authentication systems, API's, etc.)
* Must have experience working with MongoDB
* Experience with Git, Redmine, nginx, Perl, RedisDB or LDAP a strong plus
Keep in mind that there is wiggle room, don't let the above 'requirements' keep you from applying. If you're skilled with PHP but not necessarily MongoDB, give it a shot. You can adapt. Apply now!
More info here. https://www.hackthissite.org/news/view/622
Also, people interested in applying for mod, feel free to PM me or get on IRC and find one of the mods or admins and get ahold of them. If that's not your thing, then feel free to send an email in to admin AT hack this site DOT org. Or my PERSONALly underused email, mShred@hackthissite.org.