User Submitted Missions

News and Updates

User Submitted Missions

Post by mShred on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:50 pm
([msg=75262]see User Submitted Missions[/msg])

limdis had a good idea to create a subforum for all of the user submitted challenges. So that is now done. If you guys create any kind of challenge or mission or freakin riddle or something, feel free to post it here. This subforum will centralize all user submitted challenges. It'll allow people to find them easier, along with allow us to review them quicker/easier.
Who knows, one of YOUR missions may end up HTS official.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: User Submitted Missions

Post by hellow533 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:57 pm
([msg=75263]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

How about an actual educational mission section.

HTML, show how to edit, tamper, and program in HTML.
Same with PHP.

Then move on to CSRF. Don't understand CSRF? Take the tutorial, where it shows you how it works, how to execute it, and a practice on how to execute it.

Same with XSS...

Just keep having different tutorials for different things.
How to use a sniffer, record VoIP, maybe even how to identify and crack passwords..

I think if you want to make this site more active, you need to have tutorials on how to do everything involved with the site (and more).

Tutorials could unlock missions, which give points if you can complete them successfully. They would only be unlocked if you have x amount of points or do the tutorials. This would also cut back on "how do I hack?" threads.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by -Ninjex- on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:13 am
([msg=75264]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:How about an actual educational mission section.

Same with PHP.

Then move on to CSRF. Don't understand CSRF? Take the tutorial, where it shows you how it works, how to execute it, and a practice on how to execute it.

Same with XSS...

How to use a sniffer, record VoIP, maybe even how to identify and crack passwords..

I think if you want to make this site more active, you need to have tutorials on how to do everything involved with the site (and more).

Tutorials could unlock missions, which give points if you can complete them successfully. They would only be unlocked if you have x amount of points or do the tutorials. This would also cut back on "how do I hack?" threads.

This something that many many people have asked for and it's been in high debate in the IRC chat #cofeesh0p for a while now.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by hellow533 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:48 am
([msg=75265]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

Good, it should be debated. Tutorials aren't all that bad, and it would really get the community going. Most people come to HTS wanting to learn, get told to look it up on the internet, lose all momentum, and quit. If they had tutorials that helped them out, they would probably have a much higher chance of sticking around. I could probably count every fully-active HTS member on my fingers and toes, which is saying quite a bit for this site. Besides, I'd love to get in to those juicy tutorials myself. I'm sure there will be plenty of things to learn that I don't already know.

Just imagine, interactive tutorials followed by missions to complete. It would be magical, and I don't really know of any other sites that have interactive tutorials/missions. It would be a huge stepping stone for HTS. I've brought this up before, but I'd love to see HTS become a community to learn and test your skills, not test your skills after learning elsewhere on the internet. After all, isn't a huge part of HTS based on educating people? What better than with interaction that will keep people interested?
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mookalovesgloop on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:02 pm
([msg=75266]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:
hellow533 wrote:How about an actual educational mission section.

Same with PHP.

Same with XSS...

This something that many many people have asked for and it's been in high debate in the IRC chat #cofeesh0p for a while now.

wow...i LOVE it!! ok i would love to see thiss happen and am willing to do anything i can to help :mrgreen:

mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:19 pm
([msg=75367]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

The idea behind the missions is to give you just a snippet of a clue and push you to research topics, not necessarily the exploit itself (well mostly for the basics anyway). We've had a side project on the to do list for a long time now that would explains each mission in detail, with other ways to identify the exploit and from the administrative side, how to protect against it. You would be able to see it after completion of the mission.

Idea: Those that have made their own custom missions, how about you make up a sheet like that? After the challenge is complete you provide a link to full breakdown?
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by methbb on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:19 pm
([msg=79303]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

If you guys need me to, I can create some general HTML/CSS Tutorials.
methbb
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:15 am
([msg=79375]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

methbb wrote:If you guys need me to, I can create some general HTML/CSS Tutorials.

We aren't going to ask people to do something that they already haven't offered to do. If you want to make some tutorials then go ahead. You can submit them here.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by nhtuyenbk on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:57 am
([msg=82043]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

If you guys need me to, I can create some general HTML/CSS Tutorials.
Mitsubishi Elevator Vietnam Co., Ltd. Cung cấp, tư vấn lắp đặt thang máy Mitsubishi
http://vmec.vn
nhtuyenbk
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:52 am
([msg=82057]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

That might be better suited as an article though. Submit it on the main page :)
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to News