Hi, I have a question

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Hi, I have a question

Post by CompPerson on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:30 am
([msg=74423]see Hi, I have a question[/msg])

Hi! I'm new here and I've been having fun learning form the basic missions. I figured that I should include my question here since it's about basic4, but I can't post a new topic in the basic section of the forum. I ran into something weird in basic4, and I don't know what the cause is.

So I downloaded the file as a "Web Page, Complete", edited the code and then opened it. When I clicked on the button, there was no response. Then, I downloaded the file as an "All Files" file, with the same extension, edited it, and opened it. When I clicked on the button, it worked properly. I'm not sure why this happened, can anyone give me some insight on why this happened?
CompPerson
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hi, I have a question

Post by nomnum on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:28 pm
([msg=74506]see Re: Hi, I have a question[/msg])

Sorry, I cannot.
However, if you are stuck, there is always another method to complete that mission. I cant give you the answer but this helped me out ALOT.
http://www.hackthissite.org/articles/read/405
Good Luck
nomnum
New User
New User

Re: Hi, I have a question

Post by CompPerson on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:38 pm
([msg=74549]see Re: Hi, I have a question[/msg])

Thanks for the reply and the link. I did manage to solve the challenge by saving it using the "All files" type, I was just curious as to why saving it as a web page was unresponsive.
CompPerson
New User
New User

Return to NZone