my first post

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

my first post

Post by AJVHallen on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:43 pm
([msg=73705]see my first post[/msg])

hello there , as u can see this is my first post , Iam noob :P I just wanted to know where is the point to start learning how to hack sites coz I want to hack some sites :P , if some one can guide me I would be grateful , thanks alote .

/AJVHallen
AJVHallen
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: my first post

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:42 pm
([msg=73708]see Re: my first post[/msg])

AJVHallen wrote:hello there , as u can see this is my first post , Iam noob :P I just wanted to know where is the point to start learning how to hack sites coz I want to hack some sites :P , if some one can guide me I would be grateful , thanks alote .

/AJVHallen

Here is a post (LINK) I made a while back that you may be interested in:
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by AJVHallen on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:07 am
([msg=73731]see Re: my first post[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:
AJVHallen wrote:hello there , as u can see this is my first post , Iam noob :P I just wanted to know where is the point to start learning how to hack sites coz I want to hack some sites :P , if some one can guide me I would be grateful , thanks alote .

/AJVHallen

Here is a post (LINK) I made a while back that you may be interested in:

Thanks Alote , I got some questions about Instaling BT5 tho ..
I never used Linux before so I am downloading Ubuntu first and downloading BT5 also but I dont know how to install BT5 :-/
Burn CD like Ubuntu or it got another way to be installed , thanks again ! :)

/AJVHallen
AJVHallen
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:37 am
([msg=73732]see Re: my first post[/msg])

There are tons of places on google for that, that's why I didn't cover that topic in much detail. Go to their main site, grab the .iso file. If you have a USB you want to boot it from, use unetbootin and make your USB a fat32. If not, you just burn it to a CD like Ubuntu. Also note that you can get a program called virtual box and install it there.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by AJVHallen on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:52 am
([msg=73755]see Re: my first post[/msg])

Linux Ubuntu fucked up my laptop mate :-/ actly Iam using my brother's PC to write this msg , 1st it deleted every thing while instaling , 2nd it keeps saying BootLoader can't load or somthing like that and it doesn't want to finish the installation .
Iam so sorry for bothering u with my problems but if u can tell me somthing would help me I will be very grateful , Thanks alote .

/AJVHallen

Edit: and it doesn't want to finish this step neither " Choosing packages and installing " . thanks :)
AJVHallen
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:30 am
([msg=73758]see Re: my first post[/msg])

AJVHallen wrote:Linux Ubuntu fucked up my laptop mate :-/ actly Iam using my brother's PC to write this msg , 1st it deleted every thing while instaling , 2nd it keeps saying BootLoader can't load or somthing like that and it doesn't want to finish the installation .
Iam so sorry for bothering u with my problems but if u can tell me somthing would help me I will be very grateful , Thanks alote .

/AJVHallen

Edit: and it doesn't want to finish this step neither " Choosing packages and installing " . thanks :)

*Sigh*

My friend, in that post, I clearly said to create backup files and understand partitioning drives before doing so.

Anywho to help you out:

1.) If you plan on getting your system back the way it was, you will need a recover tool.
There are plenty of them out there: TestDisk, Easeus, among others.
2.) Linux Ubuntu didn't mess your laptop up, you did. I know it sounds harsh, but it's true. Probably reasons:
A) You didn't let the install finish. B) You told it to remove a partition you wanted. C) Corrupted iso file.
3.) Take the Linux Ubuntu CD/USB, enter it into the laptop.
4.) Boot up into the distro from the bios menu or the shortcut to the boot menu.
5.) Install it properly! Don't turn off the laptop, as this can corrupt many files.
6.) Get a recover tool as mentioned above.
7.) Try, and pray that it will recover your partition. Most of the time it can, but not always.
8.) If you wanted the partition you removed stil, free some space from your new partition, and make room for the old one.
9.) After recovered, mount the old parition where you freed the memory.
10.) Always backup files when partitioning, period. I don't care if you have done it 1,000,000 times, backup everything!

Message back if you have questions or get stuck, I will try and help you through this, as I am sure others will too.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by AJVHallen on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:01 am
([msg=73761]see Re: my first post[/msg])

Thank you very much for replying me , and yes it was taking so much time to install it so I thought it's bugged and turned off the lappy several times . but I successfully installed it now , the problem is it's realy complicated to deal with , I still using my bro PC as it's hard for me for now .. but Iam sure I will get used to it soon but I have a question please :) can I use linux in other things like games , movies , etc ... or just hacking ? thanks alote . :)

/AJVHallen
AJVHallen
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:19 am
([msg=73763]see Re: my first post[/msg])

AJVHallen wrote:Thank you very much for replying me , and yes it was taking so much time to install it so I thought it's bugged and turned off the lappy several times . but I successfully installed it now , the problem is it's realy complicated to deal with , I still using my bro PC as it's hard for me for now .. but Iam sure I will get used to it soon but I have a question please :) can I use linux in other things like games , movies , etc ... or just hacking ? thanks alote . :)

/AJVHallen

Yes, you can use linux for playing games, but it does not have all the support that windows will have, and will probably not run as efficient.

As for watching movies, and listening to music, I personally like Linux more for that, so yes you can.

You can basically do anything in linux, if you know what you are doing.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by AJVHallen on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:39 pm
([msg=73768]see Re: my first post[/msg])

I heard that the Linux makes the computer better than what it was in with Windows , some one told me if u have 512 mb rams it turns it into 4 GB rams is that true ? coz I already have 4gb rams and thought it's going to be 32 gb rams if that true :D :)
and btw there is no Computer or partetions in Linux right ? excuze my english ( not my mother tongue )
every thing I want to do in linux I can do in Desktop right ? :)

thanks alote and Iam very sorry for bothering u with all of my questions Iam realy grateful :)

/AJVHallen
AJVHallen
New User
New User

Post by Phoenix-Rising on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:18 pm
([msg=73805]see Re: my first post[/msg])

Just my personal opinion, but I would suggest studying up on Linux and atleast be slightly computer literate before switching to Ubuntu.
As for BT5, you're better off waiting until you know Ubuntu inside and out.

Ninjex, you should see about getting that Beginners Guide posted permanently at the top of the topic list. haha
Phoenix-Rising
New User
New User

Return to NZone