can i has responsibility?

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

can i has responsibility?

Post by pretentious on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:33 am
([msg=73136]see can i has responsibility?[/msg])

I've wanted to contribute more than just the occasional uninformative forum post to this site for quite a while. I've considered applying to be a mod but I think the current ones have it pretty well covered and I think a requirement is to be pretty well schooled in information security and I've got nothing but some vague theory in the back of my head. I did just recently read that there are only 2 devs who don't have much time on their hands and thus htsv5 or whatever we're looking forward to is still no where to be seen. Thing is I'm a total noob and have only touched web development basics like php, sql etc and the requirements for the 'job' are down right intimidating but then again, I figure if I had such extensive experience, I would probably be employed in the area and might not have the time to do it. Anywho, I don't see too many others throwing up their hands so this is my official 'I'm here is you need me' thread.
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: can i has responsibility?

Post by limdis on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:21 am
([msg=73151]see Re: can i has responsibility?[/msg])

We appreciate any and all who wish to help out. There is a process for becoming staff however and an interview is conducted. Currently we are not seeking to hire any new mods. But if you are interested in a dev or admin position we will want to see some of your work on top of the interview (ex: github, websites, etc). Also note that we hire internally. Being an active member on HTS is the first thing discussed prior to getting an interview.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 am
([msg=73164]see Re: can i has responsibility?[/msg])

limdis wrote:We appreciate any and all who wish to help out. There is a process for becoming staff however and an interview is conducted. Currently we are not seeking to hire any new mods. But if you are interested in a dev or admin position we will want to see some of your work on top of the interview (ex: github, websites, etc). Also note that we hire internally. Being an active member on HTS is the first thing discussed prior to getting an interview.

Maybe I can get a position when these forums are more active. Right now, I think more mods is just an unnecessary overkill.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by pretentious on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:22 pm
([msg=73206]see Re: can i has responsibility?[/msg])

ok. who do i contact to get the ball rolling, or at least get more info on the positikn?
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by limdis on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:53 pm
([msg=73210]see Re: can i has responsibility?[/msg])

pretentious wrote:ok. who do i contact to get the ball rolling, or at least get more info on the positikn?

Either contact a Mod or email admin AT hackthissite DOT org with your credentials and reasons why you feel you would be an asset to the staff.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by mShred on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:17 pm
([msg=73274]see Re: can i has responsibility?[/msg])

pretentious, if you can, come on IRC. We'd like to see some of your work. Granted, you may not be the best out there or even the most experienced, but I'll definitely get you into an interview. With that, it'll go over with the staff. Regardless of your skill, we could potentially give you some projects to help out on while you're honing your skills. And as your progress you could move up on the dev board. But that's all hypothetical of course. I suggest coming onto IRC though. You can contact one of the mods and we'll get you setup for an interview and everything.

***This also goes for ANYONE else reading this***

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to NZone