Advice?

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Advice?

Post by Jester2189 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:25 am
([msg=71807]see Advice?[/msg])

Where is a good place to start learning how to do all of this? I've been interested in learning this for a long time but was never really sure where/how to pick it up. I know its going to take time and its not and over night skill but any help on where I can learn and really learn. Would be much appreciated Thanks.
Jester2189
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Advice?

Post by Pours on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:39 am
([msg=71808]see Re: Advice?[/msg])

I more or less made the same post a few hours ago, what i've learned from just browsing this site so far is you've got to read the site and learn things yourself. They will point you in the right direction, but not baby feed you. all the information is here on the boards already you just have to look for it.

Start by learning HTML i was told and have done so to a degree.

http://www.w3schools.com/HTML/

Then start mission 1 which i've done so also but i'm kinda stuck.

Somebody with better expertise may post a better reply but just thought i'd throw my two cents in as a fellow new user.

This is like the French Foreign Legion of the hacking world!

Solved mission 1.
Pours
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:57 pm
([msg=71811]see Re: Advice?[/msg])

Welcome. I'd suggest you take a look through the mission forums as plenty of information can be found there. I'm also moving this to the NZone.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:10 pm
([msg=71851]see Re: Advice?[/msg])

Pours wrote:I more or less made the same post a few hours ago, what i've learned from just browsing this site so far is you've got to read the site and learn things yourself. They will point you in the right direction, but not baby feed you. all the information is here on the boards already you just have to look for it.

It's not like we do it to be assholes but the point is to figure it out on your own because well that's the reason to do anything. It's all about working on something and then finally getting it. If someone just told you the answer you miss the journey it takes to get there and will miss other interesting things along the way.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to NZone