Looking For Help

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Looking For Help

Post by RoboHack on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:27 pm
([msg=70444]see Looking For Help[/msg])

I just began to work on or play with computers and so I'm in need of some help. I guess the question have is. Is there anyone willing or wanting to help train or teach someone to hack or become better with software or computers in general. if there is anyone just message me or reply to this topic. thank you
RoboHack
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Looking For Help

Post by limdis on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:46 pm
([msg=70445]see Re: Looking For Help[/msg])

Well, welcome to HTS. What are you needing help with specifically? You must appreciate the vagueness of your request lol
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by hellow533 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:35 am
([msg=70448]see Re: Looking For Help[/msg])

limdis wrote:Well, welcome to HTS. What are you needing help with specifically? You must appreciate the vagueness of your request lol

^Yes, welcome. There are many articles to help answer questions you have, I will refer you to one of them for starters.
http://www.hackthissite.org/articles/read/1099/
Look in to articles, learn online, etc. I would start to learn PHP, HTML, and Javascript. Those are the three main things I needed to know. Also look up SQL/SQL injections, register global (back on to PHP, however register global is not used as much anymore), and XSS. After mastering all of those you should be a basic, novice computer user. That just covers web "hacking" too, for wireless, phreaking, etc. you will need to read more in to it. If you are more interested in security *like I am* I would suggest buying Hackers Exposed's latest release. After reading all of that, good in to network and online security. Most of the people here know how to break security better than I can, however since I know how to secure myself against most of them I don't ever have to worry.

If you really get in to computer security, get your A+, net+ and security+ CompTIA certifications, and then look in to and start training for your CASP, ISC(2) CISSP and SSCP, and yes, I will say it, your CEH. Having your CEH lets you know more about breaking security, meaning you know more about setting it up against others. Maybe this is getting a little too far in to it however, this is about 6-7 years work.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by WallShadow on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:06 am
([msg=70449]see Re: Looking For Help[/msg])

RoboHack wrote:Is there anyone willing or wanting to help train or teach someone to hack or become better with software or computers in general.

Welcome to HTS RoboHack. Unfortunately, we here at HTS believe in the idea of teaching yourself everything you need to know. There isn't anyone here (as far as I know) who tutors and trains people. The site IS your teacher. Learn from it.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NZone