I Want To Pull A Prank...

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

I Want To Pull A Prank...

Post by xmonke on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:20 pm
([msg=68773]see I Want To Pull A Prank...[/msg])

I want to send an email to my friend that downloads and installs a VNC in the background when opened, so I can type stuff on his screen and stuff to freak him out. Is this even possible? Would it be seen as a virus by his anti-virus software? How could I do this?
xmonke
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I Want To Pull A Prank...

Post by WallShadow on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:53 pm
([msg=68774]see Re: I Want To Pull A Prank...[/msg])

Is it possible?

100% yes

would it be seen as a virus?

It depends, if you go online and download a popular keylogger and then install it into his computer, chances are that the anti-virus will catch it. Also, there is a chance it will be caught if it starts screwing with stuff in the registry, or stuff such as the hosts file, etc.

How can you do this?

first part is social engineering. You need to send him an email with a malicious exe as an attachment, and convince him to run it. Second, you need to know how to install the virus, and then establish a connection some how from your computer to the backdoor on his computer. third, you'd probably want to get administrator access somehow to give you the ability to screw with his screen. If you can code all of that into one neat package, tell us, we'd be glad to see it.

P.S. this falls under the catagory of stuff that mods hate to see.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by limdis on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:20 pm
([msg=68805]see Re: I Want To Pull A Prank...[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:P.S. this falls under the catagory of stuff that mods hate to see.

Just to clarify:
Not necessarily. We have to ensure that nothing blatantly illegal goes on right in full public view. You don't need to have an account to view these forums and anyone (feds) can view what goes on here at any time. Now, we are also a hacking training site. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to turn everyone away who wants to learn something that is in all probability going to be used in an illegal manner. It has been mentioned before and in this case OP could have reworded his question a little bit better to not imply intent. If anyone wants to learn how to use keyloggers then good on you for wanting to learn. However, you come to HTS and want someone to hack a facebook account or trying to sell your hack services, then prepare for the ban hammer.

Now, xmonke, what you are describing is often already prepacked in RATs (remote administration tools) / Trojans. In order for this kind of power to be installed without the targets knowing will fall under the virus category. However, do know that doing something like to someone who is using any network/computer that you do not own is illegal. Also having such a setup in emails can force you to bite off more than you can chew. What if the target forwards that email to someone else? But if you want to learn and do some test runs at home, do some googling on some common RATs. There are some free legal ways to do this too. If you had access (and you would considering you are doing this on your own computer) you could set it up to connect whenever you wished.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by WallShadow on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:20 pm
([msg=68806]see Re: I Want To Pull A Prank...[/msg])

limdis wrote:Just to clarify:
Not necessarily. We have to ensure that nothing blatantly illegal goes on right in full public view. You don't need to have an account to view these forums and anyone (feds) can view what goes on here at any time. Now, we are also a hacking training site. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to turn everyone away who wants to learn something that is in all probability going to be used in an illegal manner. It has been mentioned before and in this case OP could have reworded his question a little bit better to not imply intent. If anyone wants to learn how to use keyloggers then good on you for wanting to learn. However, you come to HTS and want someone to hack a facebook account or trying to sell your hack services, then prepare for the ban hammer.

Whatever you say limdis. I follow whom-ever wields a ban-hammer proudly.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by limdis on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:58 pm
([msg=68807]see Re: I Want To Pull A Prank...[/msg])

Your dedication pleases me. You may build a statue in my honor. I will allow this.

Lol, no but seriously spot on job on watching out for things. It's good to have you around. :geek:
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by wan26 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:19 pm
([msg=68812]see Re: I Want To Pull A Prank...[/msg])

In the mean time, while you're reading up on vnc etc, the best and most simple prank for me is setting their desktop wallpaper as their desktop, because it's dumb but funny to see the reaction.
wan26
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:36 pm
([msg=68813]see Re: I Want To Pull A Prank...[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:P.S. this falls under the catagory of stuff that mods hate to see.

Honestly, I thought we were pretty easy going lately about this kind of stuff. Figures, there will always be someone with something to say. What limdis said is 100% correct. Sorry if you can't post about hacking a website that hasn't given permission or pirating copies of whatever movie, music, pronz etc.... You should be practicing your hack-fu anyways. It's also not smart to post on a public forum some of the things that we delete, so consider it a favor if we do.

Lets just say we did allow for some of this content to remain, then you know what would happen? The forums would be spammed with worthless ads which are probably leading to some type of virus/malware, trolls posting shit that has nothing to do with anything, and possibly the site being shutdown because of illegal content. Then you would be mad for us allowing it. This is why we take the high ground and stop it before it escalates. I haven't actually banned someone in a while, not sure about limdis. The forums have been decent lately. Everyone for the most part contributes and respects others and knows/abides by the rules. For that other stuff, there's always PM's.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to NZone