Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by TinGodz on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 pm
([msg=50548]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Last edited by TinGodz on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
TinGodz
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Getting my name out there...

Post by Jake-X on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:46 am
([msg=50561]see Getting my name out there...[/msg])

I just want the hackers of this site to know that you guys are my heroes. All I want is to be like you.

OK, done with the sucking up...here's a bit about myself.

I first discovered HTS a few years ago. I can't really remember how I found it. I just remember I was impatient and spoiled a bunch of the missions for myself by looking up tutorials on YouTube. I've matured since then and have (hopefully) forgotten the tricks to beating the missions and can start afresh. I won't be making the same mistake again.

As for my hacker-ish skills, they are few and far between, unfortunately. I've dabbled in HTML and Batch, glanced over JavaScript and C++, and have just started learning C#. That's it. I'm a total newb.

I also have a (probably stupid) question. Can new users not have avatars? I spent like an hour editing this sick avatar to make it just right and now can't use it =P Oh, and you'll probably notice that I kinda checked the delete box and then pressed submit to see if it would help, and now I have a stupid broken image in place of my avatar...

-Jake-X
Jake-X
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Arrayable on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:36 pm
([msg=50582]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Heyo!

I'm 19 years old. I am an aspiring author, programmer, hacker, and podcaster. I'm going to attend university in the summer and major in mathematics. I think I'm going to go to graduate school too in Computer Science. I love programming. I'm developing an appreciation not just for rational processes, but also the way people solve tough problems. I marvel at the beauty of solving a complex problem. I learned basic HTML at a summer camp in Elementary school. I've always be quite adept at computers. What can I say? I have a knack for it. I've been studying object oriented languages since I was a freshmen in high school. I'm familiar with C/C++, Java, HTML4, Python, and Basic. I'm pretty competent at all these languages. In my spare time, I like to podcast about a variety of subjects. My first passion has always been writing. I hope to someday publish a fiction book.

This site is spectacular.
Arrayable
New User
New User

Post by Vulpine on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:39 pm
([msg=50585]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Arrayable wrote:Heyo!

I'm 19 years old. I am an aspiring author, programmer, hacker, and podcaster. I'm going to attend university in the summer and major in mathematics. I think I'm going to go to graduate school too in Computer Science. I love programming. I'm developing an appreciation not just for rational processes, but also the way people solve tough problems. I marvel at the beauty of solving a complex problem. I learned basic HTML at a summer camp in Elementary school. I've always be quite adept at computers. What can I say? I have a knack for it. I've been studying object oriented languages since I was a freshmen in high school. I'm familiar with C/C++, Java, HTML4, Python, and Basic. I'm pretty competent at all these languages. In my spare time, I like to podcast about a variety of subjects. My first passion has always been writing. I hope to someday publish a fiction book.

Que recruitment for HTS Radio in 3... 2...
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by criley728 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:11 pm
([msg=50588]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm Corey
I'm 15
People tell me I am good with computers but in all acutality, they are just technologically illiterate...
They honestly have no idea what "good with computers" means because I am far from it. :D
I am a brown belt in Zenshotokai karate and I love art and books.
Oh, and I am still working on learning HTML all the way...
criley728
New User
New User

Post by Jake-X on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:49 pm
([msg=50619]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

criley728 wrote:I'm Corey
I'm 15
People tell me I am good with computers but in all acutality, they are just technologically illiterate...
They honestly have no idea what "good with computers" means because I am far from it. :D
I am a brown belt in Zenshotokai karate and I love art and books.
Oh, and I am still working on learning HTML all the way...

Wow, sounds like we have a lot in common! Aside from karate and art, everything you said about yourself applies to me. Hope to get to know you better :)
Jake-X
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by neuromanta on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:01 pm
([msg=50774]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Arrayable wrote:Heyo!

Congratulations for being more adept in computers than most of us on this site, at such a young age.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by RagerEDL on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:16 pm
([msg=50802]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm 17
I go to college 24 hours a week.
I go to the gym 3 times a week for around 2hours each time.
I joined HTS to gain knowledge of computer programming as it has always greatly interested me.
I studies ICT for GCSEs and A levels.
i aim to join the Royal Marines in a years time.
I'm an avid football (soccer) player.
I am British! :)
If anyone wants to talk to me then message me! I'll message back at some point!
RagerEDL
New User
New User

Post by undeadzombie on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:23 pm
([msg=50870]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everybody!

I'm Jack, an IT student.

I look forward to my time here! :)
undeadzombie
New User
New User

Post by MusicSpeaksVolumes on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:47 am
([msg=51025]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hola to all!
I am a 20 year old college student.
I play a lot of sports.
I am an avid guitar player as well, I currently play an Epiphone Les Paul Signature and a Gibson Explorer.
Love every type of music besides country. Nine Inch Nails is the favorite.

I like to think I know more than the average person about computers, but I obviously don't know nearly as much as most people on here!
I really just want to garner a better understanding of computer security.
Other than that, I am happy to have found this site!
MusicSpeaksVolumes
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone