Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Micosil on Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:48 pm
([msg=49905]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Greetings, gentlemen. And perhaps some stray lady. I'm a bit paranoid about my personal information (not really, but I don't like to flaunt it about either :P) so I hope you'll excuse me for not posting age, name, or location here. Since I believe you didn't care anyways, there shouldn't be any problems ^_^

Now, I've been in HTS for a while, but I haven't been active for a long time, I didn't really do anything while I was active, and I wasn't in the forums, so I am, in all senses of the word, a noob. When I joined, my idea was along the lines of "lol hax". I like to think I've gone past that stage, and now that I'm actually studying something computer-related, I both understand what it says here a lot better, and am more interested than before.

My goal is basically to learn, as much as possible, about hacking in its multiple meanings. I'm pretty certain I won't ever put it into practice outside of testing some networks/programs/whatever, but I find it an interesting challenge, and since my studies won't go into any security measures until next year (and I bet it'll be horribly outdated anyways) I've come to the internets.

Programming knowledge is... low. I've used C, C++ and Java, and tinkered with Masm32, Pascal, and Javascript, yes, but I haven't written a single line of code that connects to anywhere, so I think I'm starting from a blank slate here.

Great to meet you all! You might not see me around much, since I'm a lurker, but I'll be there :)
Micosil
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by disaster_voice on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:08 pm
([msg=50198]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm 24 and currently going to college for Computer Information Systems with a concentration in software engineering. I also am going for a minor in Japanese, or maybe, if I can, I'll try and get a double major. I'm fairly new at programming and hacking. I know a little about VB and Python. Slowly learning and making progress. Its definitely something that interests me, and I want to continue to improve and learn new things. I love to learn things; mostly useless knowledge, but I'm also really into literature and history.
Last edited by disaster_voice on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
disaster_voice
New User
New User

Post by o-z0ne on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:00 am
([msg=50284]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey guys what's up?
First of all, first kinda.. post here, so bare with us(:

After doing some missions on basic and realistic, I started going to tutorials and then redoing them by myself. I was using Firefox's plug-in FireBug and thought that was pretty cool. But how do you get the strings you change in the source code to stay permanent so when you look at the site on another computer it's what you wrote. Properly hacked I suppose :)

How would you save the xxx.html and reupload it to the website's server I suppose?
I dunno, just out of curiosity(:

Thanks!
o-z0ne
New User
New User

Post by Clawkwurk on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:45 pm
([msg=50379]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

So, I thought I would come in here, to the intro thread, which is something I normally don't do. But seeing as I have no real idea on how things work, I thought it might be best.

Name is Steve. I'm not really computer literate, but I have been working on computers and told how to fix them using specific programs. This has me really curious, and I am interested in learning a lot more about both the computer, and programming. So, I plan on visiting this site regularly in my free time. If possible, would anyone be willing to answer any questions (They may sound rather simple to those that know what they are doing) I have in PM's as they come up?

Thanks.
Clawkwurk
New User
New User

Post by Mendax_Sane on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:29 pm
([msg=50403]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey - I thought I should probably do one of these now - I've done most of the easier missions already but at the moment I'm working on learning C - my first programming language, which is slow progress but its going semi well and errrrm...
I'm at Sixth Form at the mo, provided I don't fail my exams I'll be studying Electronic and communications Engineering at Uni next year. I mostly listen to Punk and Hardcore and err err...
Mendax_Sane
New User
New User

Post by terracotta on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:38 pm
([msg=50489]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm a maths graduate and wish I had got into programming and hacking earlier - didn't realise how near identical it is to pure maths.

Wondering though - anyone know where to meet people with a common interest in Liverpool, UK? All very well online but sometimes old school talking and hand shaking can be fun too.
terracotta
New User
New User

Intro

Post by minivenom on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:09 pm
([msg=50492]see Intro[/msg])

Hey everyone, I'm minivenom.

I'm a high school student who got really addicted to learning and computers when still 8 years old, now 17. I've been checking HTS for a while but only had the courage to register a few days ago. Ever since i saw the word "Hacker" on TV i had a bit of curiosity, what was it? Who where this people? It turned out to be different from what's showed by the Media, but that only made me love the hacker culture even more! The desire for knowledge, the need to solve all the puzzles, criativity, these are some of the words i usually relate to a hacker. Of course, I'm far from being even a mediocre hacker, but that's not my goal. My goal is to learn as much as possible with this site and i hope that i can teach something to you guys too.
I currently know html, a bit of javascript and just a little bit of C.

Hope this hasn't been too big for a introduction and I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes. :P
minivenom
New User
New User

Post by cruisegirl713 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:03 am
([msg=50514]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I am here to learn.
cruisegirl713
New User
New User

Post by ev3yhamm0nd on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:17 am
([msg=50531]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi,

Just thought I would post a quick intro as I have been lurking rather than posting the last few days.

I'm a 26yo female from the UK, who is a sysadmin of 14 Linux server, 2 Windows Servers and 400+ Linux Clients, with a few Macs and Windows thrown in for fun. I have been using Linux for 10 years and my background is bash scripting, web design and day to day sysadmin jobs. Though I can hack and slash my way though code I have never learnt to program(unless you count making a "Hello World" script in tons of different programming languages...nah...didn't think so!) so decided to start now and settled on 'C'. Whilst searching for pros and cons of languages I found this site, and decided upping my security knowledge would be beneficial...I am not here to be a "l33t hacker", in the :twisted: 'media' :twisted: sense of the word, but rather a hacker for enjoyment and knowledge, in the 'Alan Cox' sense of the word...though I draw the line at growing a beard!

Anyway, as you can see from my name I love the film 'V' for Vendetta, I also like geeky shows like Big Bang Theory and IT Crowd and play MMO's and when I am not on the computer I'm sleeping.....urmmm...I mean I mountain bike, ski and go to the pub.

I have been working my way though the missions, but hopefully this site can help me on my way, with all the rest :geek:

Thanks.
ev3yhamm0nd
New User
New User

Post by quagswagging on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:13 pm
([msg=50540]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Bonjour les gens!
I just began taking a Computer Science course this year and adore it! For some reason, the concepts fit my mentality perfectly. Just today, I thought that I'd like to learn to apply some of this knowledge and learn more about computers. Well, naturally, the first thing that came to mind was hacking. In this growing age of technology, hacking is a useful skill. So I did a Google search: "How to Hack" and this site came up. The best part is that it's perfectly legal which is a big relief to me because I don't want to start of my hacking career by breaking laws. That would be the opposite of productive. I think the idea for this site is absolutely brilliant! I hope to learn and contribute as much as possible.
Merci,
Une Personne
quagswagging
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone