Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by rawrzz on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:43 pm
([msg=4164]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

im allison.. [not my real name haha!!]
but you can call me alice... [not my real nickname either]
im 13.. [yeah this is my real age]
im a girl.. [and my real gender]

that's all.... :shock:
rawrzz
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by SjaakRake on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:36 pm
([msg=4369]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

You all know me, and if you don't, you suck and are a fucking newfag.
SjaakRake
New User
New User

Post by OneArrow on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:15 pm
([msg=4452]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'd say "I'll try to keep this brief," but I know I'd be kidding myself.

I've actually been an HTS member for a while, but my studies haven't left me with much time since the split with CS. I'm in my early 20s, about to be married to a beautiful young woman in less than a year, just finished up a Bachelor's in Electronic Media with a minor in IT, and I'm working for myself doing Web design and development while I go for a Masters in IT (probably concentrating in Information Security). I'm not on the intertubes nearly as much as I used to be, focusing on getting some much needed time away from my desk. When I'm off the computer, I'm usually reading or contemplating some treatise on war (Sun Tzu is easily my favorite), and I hope to get back into the martial arts at some point soon.

As far as my experience in terms of hacking, I've been tinkering with HTML since I was in grade school, but started turning my interest in Web design and development into a career during my first year of college, where I served as a resident jack-of-all-trades for businesses in and outside the industry. I've also been doing academic research in hypermedia for a few years now, where I've shared my work in quite a few publications and presentations. While I don't profess to be a master by any means, I've learned quite a bit about Web application security before I came over to HTS, and used the realistic missions as a way to polish up on the basics. When I have a free moment, I'll probably use the programming missions as an excuse to try a couple new languages.

If you have any questions, especially related to XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, (My)SQL, JSP, or Web application security in general, just PM me. But be warned, like most around here, I firmly believe in helping those who help themselves, and won't spoon-feed anyone who is just looking for an easy answer (but I won't hesitate to write ten pages about why I'm not spoon-feeding anyone :p ).
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Post by psychnah on Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:51 pm
([msg=4517]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I am Casey, 16, male, I have been on HTS for a while on and off, but I was never very active in the CS forums.

Uh, thats it, whatever.
psychnah
New User
New User

Post by D3STROY on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:27 pm
([msg=4651]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

IM 17
i am a loser
i like to play games
and sit my ass on the computer so yeah haha that me
D3STROY
New User
New User

Post by darkness-soul on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:50 pm
([msg=4652]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I am 24 years old and deaf... currently in technical college studying ccna and information security... I am trying my best to learn as much as I can out of an "hand-on" than all the books, theories, concepts, blah blah blah... This site offered an interesting of usage on hand-on, yet I need some help ^.~v, noob ^^
darkness-soul
New User
New User

Post by crazycoolzac1 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:32 pm
([msg=4737]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Well I'm 14
I'm lazy, play soccer and make flash games for some extra cash.
This is just a hobby to go with my learning of JS, HTML, and however useless AS 2.0
Basic: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Realistic: (1) (2) (3) (4) (7) (12)
Application: (1)
Javascript: (1) (2) (3) (5) (6)
Extbasic: (1)
crazycoolzac1
New User
New User

Post by Brent-tc on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:02 am
([msg=4773]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone!
My name is Brent (Brent-tc on HTS... how clever right :D ),
I am 15 years old, and currently reside in Moore Oklahoma (U.S.),
I will be enrolled in a wonderful vocational class at Moore-Norman Technology Center, where I will recieve 40 hours of credit, my A+ cert, Linux+ cert, and numerous other certifications (I don't have the acceptance paper on hand, so...)...
... oh! the class is called "Networking Technology"
I like to hike, swim, play chess, program (still learning), learn to do new things (usually intellectual things, though I hope to practice some form of martial-arts before I am 20),
Though nothing is truly certain, I plan on doing... something... in the field of computers,
uhhh. that's about it for me.
Ohh... sometimes I can be a bit obnoxious (or so I've been told), and you will all have to deal with that at some point or another. :shock: :D :) ;) :? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Brent-tc
New User
New User

Post by liuyuan on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:20 pm
([msg=4828]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm faith.
I'm 16 inb4 underaged b& I'm more mature than you.
I'm an ass, enough of an ass that you'd probably hate me.
My parents sent me to boarding school, so I'm nearly always in school. (see above for reason)
I'm asian =^-^=

I'm one of the 5 girls I know that exists on the internet, and: no, I will not go back to the kitchen.
I loved HTS, completed all the missions (that was available at the time) within a month. (Scram removed them all as a joke, I believe)
I was a HTS developer under Silent-Shadow, along with a many talented people, including the man himself. And during that time, I've also managed to meet many other talented people, most of them are still around.
Many misconception about the current HTS skin. I didn't design it, I remade it after Soren, another talented person wondering around college. However, I was one of the only person that applied it.
Yes, I did make the JS challenges, and yes, it is the worst thing next to yiff and it should be killed with fire.
I PHP, C++, Python/Pascal, JavaScript/AJAX, xHTML/CSS, SQL much better than I used to.
I can whoop up decent vector 2D(Fireworks, photoshop), 3D (Blender, C4D, , and artist 2D (Corel Painter).
I have very basic understanding of (Perl, Ruby, Java (no, it's not the same as JavaScript. It's VERY DIFFERENT) and I'm currently learning C#
I am not capable of doing sysadmin etc, etc, etc (I don't even know what it's called) stuff. Thank god wired exists.

I currently think HTS is quite a lot of fail. Considering the amount of the devs there are currently and the progress it making physically (as in virtual, physically)

and yes, i love all my friends, etc ._.
ImageImageImage
liuyuan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Napster R on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:20 pm
([msg=4834]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

hi, I'm Napster...
I am 14 years old and i'm portuguese (so sorry about the bad english)
my school sucks cause i don't wanna know what they teach me in there.
I just want to learn more and more about computers, and my dream is to become a real hacker. :D
Napster R
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone